Author Topic: Summer tyres  (Read 9535 times)

PH

Summer tyres
« on: April 06, 2006, 01:16:19 pm »
Anybody else using different tyres for different seasons?
For my Raven I have 1.75” tour guards for the winter and 1.5” HI-Roads for the summer.  The sunshine over the last couple of days has convinced me that summer is on the way (I’m easily fooled)  So this morning I put the Hi-Roads on, what a difference it’s like another bike.  Not quite as comfy on the rough track I often use, on asphalt it’s so much sharper and faster.  Roll on summer[8D]  

stutho

• Administrator
Re: Summer tyres
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 02:21:30 pm »
For the last 800 miles I have being using Geax Street runners (1.25")  seem fine and no punctures yet  - This is a road only tyre. For towpaths etc I would uses tour guards

stutho

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 02:28:40 pm »
Forgot to say that theye are nice and cheap and run very fast.  Note that Thorn recommend a min of 1.5" on the Raven tour & sport tour.

ahconway

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 07:52:57 pm »
I've been looking into Panaracer Hi Roads for this summer. Anyone noticed a real difference in riding the rigid bead versus folding version?

Also, is Panaracer still producing this tyre? It isn't even listed on the Panaracer website!

PH

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 02:49:58 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by ahconway

Also, is Panaracer still producing this tyre? It isn't even listed on the Panaracer website!

It'd be a shame if they stopped, but there are plenty of alternatives. In the CTC review of the Raven, the Continental Sport Contact is mentioned as a suitable fast road tyre.

graham

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 07:51:49 pm »
quote:

Wiggle are still offering the 1.5" width from stock as I write this.

graham

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 08:08:41 pm »
Er. I should have also said. SJSC are listing the Hi- road in rigid bead, 1.5" width and the folding in 1.5" amd 1.75".