Author Topic: Where is Ian Shearin?  (Read 2614 times)

in4

Where is Ian Shearin?
« on: September 10, 2013, 01:34:07 pm »
Curiosity got the better of me so I did a quick search to see where Ian was and if he was having a good time.
You might want to click on a few links in his Twitter feed. https://twitter.com/IanShearin

jags

Re: Where is Ian Shearin?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 01:40:38 pm »
seems he's having a good time after his mishap i talk to him on facebook. ;)

in4

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 01:57:56 pm »
Sounds as if he is having a great time. Lets hope the hiccups are all done with now. With Richie's tour and Ian's in mind it seems you don't have to go looking for adventure; just get on your Thorn and it will find you!

jags

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 03:05:39 pm »
ah i think the sherpa is wasted on me to be honest,i don't think its gonns see any adventures while i have it only day rides i'm afraid or maybe the the odd overnighter.
still i keep in in great nick. ;)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 04:14:15 pm »
Naah, not wasted, jags; the Sherpa is a versatile all-'round tourer, so great for anything from a day ride to a full tour and everything in-between.

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 05:50:04 pm »
Dan i initially bought the sherpa for a tour in the Himalayas, the clown i was to do the trip with backed out after me spending a small fortune on bike and gear, it was his idea from the start. i never even though of anything to do with cycle touring. ah maybe it was a blessing in disguise i would have probably killed him on route anyway  :o

Matt2matt2002

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 06:20:18 pm »
Sounds as if he is having a great time. Lets hope the hiccups are all done with now. With Richie's tour and Ian's in mind it seems you don't have to go looking for adventure; just get on your Thorn and it will find you!

I flip,between here and crazyguyonabike.
Covers all my cycling, biking and touring needs.
Matt
Who,really will get away next year.
Never drink and drive. You may hit a bump  and spill your drink

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 06:41:23 pm »
...i would have probably killed him on route anyway
I've had to resist that impulse a few times myself, jags.

'Next time I go with someone, I'll ride for the companionship but take enough of my own stuff to break off and go solo if things turn sour. Not a bad backup plan! Might be something for you to consider as well on future trips.

Best,

Dan. (...who very much wants a touring partner, but has had uneven experiences to date)
(...and who is very much looking for'd to Matt's upcoming Adventures!)

macspud

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 09:55:23 pm »
Looks like he's being forced back to the UK by unforseen work commitments. A spanner has been thrown into the works!

jags

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 10:26:12 pm »
yeah his x bosses are giving him some hassle ,ah i'de say he should sort it out no problem and make the tour ok. ;)