Author Topic: cycling to Andalucia  (Read 2998 times)

bikerwaser

cycling to Andalucia
« on: September 09, 2013, 08:59:12 pm »
just thought i'd put my blogspot on here.
i plan to update my progress when i get to Barcelona and then again when i get to Andalucia.

http://biker-waser.blogspot.co.uk/

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: cycling to Andalucia
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 09:29:59 pm »
Wonderful! Glad to see your blog linked here so we can follow your Sherpa-mounted adventures, BikerWaser.

I've already enjoyed your photos to date and look forward to more of them and the prose to follow.

Happy, safe travels!

Best,

Dan.

bikerwaser

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 05:10:38 pm »
Hi All

just updated my blog if anyone is interested.
have kept it mainly just informative with mileage and basic route info for people with some photos to give an idea of what it´s like along the way.
i´m in Barcelona at the mo. had problems with Achilies tendon early on . now resting at a friends place before pushing on further south.

http://biker-waser.blogspot.co.uk/

any questions about the route please feel free to ask a Q here .

Hasta Luego !

Bikerwaser

moodymac

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 07:39:35 pm »
Great site and fantastic photos.  Luck.  Looks like a fine tour.

Tom

John Saxby

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 05:45:29 pm »
Great fotos -- thanks!  Hope your tendon recovers, but if you have to rest and wait, a friend's place in Barca is a pretty good spot to do so. Reminded by your blog, too, that camping in Europe can be very good value.  From your ride around Poole harbour -- loved the photo of Corfe Castle, looming in the mist n all.

bikerwaser

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 08:56:29 pm »
i know it´s not the best blog in the world but it´s my first one so thanks for the kind comments.

jags

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 10:11:07 pm »
wow class photos great stuff love it. ;)

Fred A-M

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 10:23:02 am »
Great blog and adventure, reminds me of my own travels except I was managing to stay in cheap hotels in Spain for some of the campsite charges you're encountering - 20 euros!!!  Hope the tendon clears up for you! 

bikerwaser

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 10:30:25 am »
Thanks Fred!
yes, i found in France that when i shared an emplacement with a fellow tourer it only cost another 50 cents because of the "tourist tax" so in some places it would be 12 euros 80 for 2 people but for one it was 12 euros 30.
crazy really.

i´ve also found that the star rating means very little. i´ve been in 2 star sites that were great at a 1/4 of the price.
another thing with the 4 star sites is they tended to attract a different sort of person. (i´m trying to be polite).