Author Topic: What Camera Do You Use?  (Read 19598 times)

bikepacker

• Bikepacker
Re: What Camera Do You Use?
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2018, 04:59:25 pm »

have you been on many tours since i seen you.

Anto

Quite a few both with Pauline and on my own. Cut back a lot on camping though as my PMR problems continue.
If you want to be happy learn to be alone without being lonely.
If you want to enjoy the world see it from the saddle of a bike.
If you want to experience beauty camp alone in a spectacular place.
If you want release your anxieties cease excuses and take actions.

Fred A-M

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2018, 10:26:43 am »
A couple of weeks ago I attended a Fellows get together at the RPS where one of the discussions centred on if you could only have one of your digital cameras which one would it be. Without hesitation I said it would be my Panasonic LX100 as I deem it to be my best all-round camera. I do have a Fuji X100 with a great prime lens, a Nikon DSLR which is great for taking pictures of my daughter in running events and a couple of Canon compacts. But the LX100 is my go to if I ever want both quality and flexibility.

Just ordered the new LX100 ii.

Interesting to hear your viewpoint, and it is a case of each to their own I guess which is almost inevitable now there's now so much choice out there when it comes to getting a digital mirrorless camera that will deliver high quality results!  Just out of interest, are you an RPS fellow? 

bikepacker

• Bikepacker
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2018, 05:10:20 pm »
Yes, gained it in 1979. And you?
If you want to be happy learn to be alone without being lonely.
If you want to enjoy the world see it from the saddle of a bike.
If you want to experience beauty camp alone in a spectacular place.
If you want release your anxieties cease excuses and take actions.

Fred A-M

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2018, 07:57:22 pm »
Yes, gained it in 1979. And you?

Chapeau Monsieur - I am a mere LRPS though am in little doubt that I'll do the ARPS in the next 18 months or so - I enjoying dabling in across styles from architecture to landscapes to street photography of late as I've generally been able to find little time to explore locations.  I have always worked too reactively to bother developing a thematic style as such, but I do feel I've reached a cul-de-sac with the street photography in working in this way so the next step is define a few projects and become much more disciplined about it all.   

Pavel

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2019, 01:52:29 am »
At present, I use a Nikon Z6 with the 24-70 kit lens and a 60mm micro 2.8 via an adapter.  I keep thinking that I may add a wide angle like the 14-30 f 4.0s, but in fact I use my iPhone 11 Max Pro for any wide angle shots now, and find it superior most of the time to any DSLR or Mirrorless lens, 85% of the time.