Author Topic: 50 mile spin today .  (Read 5848 times)

Andre Jute

Re: 50 mile spin today .
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 02:04:19 am »
Going for a nightride as soon as the drunks are all safely home from the pub. TGIF but not for cyclist who like riding at night.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 03:55:09 am »
...as soon as the drunks are all safely home from the pub
'Careful out there, Andre; we can ill afford to lose you. Wait-out the drunks, then enjoy!

All the best,

Dan. (...who has always loved roaming in the gloaming)

jags

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 05:56:49 am »
hope you enjoyed it andre nice night for it.
i'm up with the birds even a bit before them, my son is heading to the states going to se if he can make his fortune i wish him luck. my other son is heading next week ,soon myself and the wife will be back to square one strange ould world. ::)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 05:59:14 am »
Best of luck to N and F, Jags. Please pass on my best to them.

Best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 10:57:22 am »
Thanks very much Dan i sure hope there find there feet in America there both very talented you might wonder where did anto find the m too i often wonder meself  ;D ;D
yeah but up sticks sold everything they own and hoping for a better life in the land of the free. ;)

Andre Jute

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 01:00:29 pm »
Thanks, folks. Rather than go out into the real country, discretion being a survivor's tool, I rode a quiet lane to the co-op's parking lot, which has a ramp between two sections, and one section up a slope, which is just the right shape for riding intervals in a big figure eight. The gates are locked but there's a pedestrian entrance wide enough for my bike. A car came -- this is four o'clock in the morning -- and parked outside the gate with a man and a woman in it. They sat watching me for fifteen-twenty minutes, then the woman got out of the car to put on a sweater and said into it, "He's totally nuts, I tell you," like they had an argument about it. Then they drove away. The things you get to see and hear four o'clock in the morning in a quiet country town...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:55:36 pm by Andre Jute »

jags

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 01:04:57 pm »
classic you d realize andre you spoiled they night cap. ;D ;D ;D

moodymac

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2013, 05:10:35 pm »
Jags,

If your back to square one, it is time to start over!  Lest you get the empty nest syndrome...  Actually not a bad spot to be in!  Ha.  All the best for your boys.

Tom

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:11:19 pm by moodymac »

jags

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2013, 05:32:40 pm »
well near enough back to square one Tom just my daughter left and her 3 kids  ;D ;D
enough to keep an army going.

moodymac

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2013, 05:35:44 pm »
The gates are locked but there's a pedestrian entrance wide enough for my bike. A car came -- this is four o'clock in the morning -- and parked outside the gate with a man and a woman in it. They sat watching me for fifteen-twenty minutes, then the woman got out of the car to put on a sweater and said into it, "He's totally nuts, I tell you," like they had an argument about it.

Andre,

They watch you doing turns in a parking lot for twenty minutes, at four in the morning, and it is you that are nuts?   Like Jags says, "strange ould world" out there.  By the way, I too have always enjoyed doing turns in a well paved, empty parking lot.  Making the tires earn their purchase so to speak.

I forget the proper name for the picture beneath your name (avitar?).  Is there a story behind you changing yours?

Tom

jags

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2013, 11:10:10 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D now now Tom .

jags

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2013, 11:25:50 pm »
well 40 miles today around the boyne valley,  Newgrange to Slane,/yellowfurze./kentstown./duleek /home by the coast.
i know those names mean nothing to you guys but you never know you could find yourself in one of those places one day a gem of a cycle route.
a few ould ancient buildings not to many hills traffic free for most of it a few mad cows the odd sheep.

Andre Jute

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2013, 12:08:16 am »
I forget the proper name for the picture beneath your name (avitar?).  Is there a story behind you changing yours?

I took up sketching recently, or more precisely returned to handmade art after decades of doing only digital art. I fell in love with that ink, which is J. Herbin's Ambre de Birmanie. But that is probably the last sketch I'll do with it, as the ink itself isn't lightfast and I work only in permanent media. I wanted to use something in that beautiful ink before I gave it up, and what I needed right then was an avatar. QED. The sketch was only a three minuted doodle to get the hang of a new fountain pen arriving from Beijing that day, a novelty pen that mimics tha action of fude, a Japanese or Chinese character brush; the pen is used to fake traditional signatures (supposed to be done with a brush) but it makes thick and thin lines, which modern fountain pens don't, so it is good for art.

Last week they had a €60 special on a complete air brush kit (air brush, paints, compressor) at Lidl. I bought one with idea of maybe airbrushing flames on my bike...

Rode out to the hill over Kilmacsimon Quay today. Photo essay of that road on an earlier ride in the rides at http://coolmainpress.com/BICYCLING.html

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 12:12:23 am »
Last week they had a €60 special on a complete air brush kit (air brush, paints, compressor) at Lidl. I bought one with idea of maybe airbrushing flames on my bike...
If you do this, Andre, I want photos. Definitely.

All the best,

Dan. (...who wonders how that gorgeous coach-lining would take to flames)

jags

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2013, 10:27:50 am »
my son noel was selling a complete air brush system the works cmpresser included it was the deal of the year not sure if he still has it.but if your into airbrush  art  ;)