Author Topic: Bright Bikes Revolution  (Read 6542 times)

allywatt

Bright Bikes Revolution
« on: June 10, 2014, 11:00:30 pm »
A quick post to say that, after many months research looking for a system to charge my iPhone 4 whilst on tour, I have taken the plunge and bought the revolution from bright bikes.  I've had the device for about a week now and initial results are excellent.  I've got the revolution and my edelux connected to my son hub via piggy back spade connectors, and the revolution, at the moment sits in my bar bag.

I've been running the iPhone with OS GB mapping and location services on, so I get the blue GPS dot on the OS map. When not being charged, the iPhone loses 10% charge for every half hour of use. When charging, the phone gains 3% per half hour moderate (10mph) cycling.  This to me is a great result, since the phone is doing what I want it to and charging.  The revolution is tiny and no hastle to set up.  I'm doing lejog in July so will let you know how the device fairs over 1000+ miles.

nztony

Re: Bright Bikes Revolution
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 01:50:39 am »
Allywatt,
That is great news on the Revolution, as I ordered the Reactor from the same company this morning - same thing with a different form factor. I have the same hub and edelux as you, so good to see it works well in tandem. I'm looking forward to come home from my bike rides with more battery in my phone than I left. The main reason I want it is so I can wild camp and still be able to GPS my ride with my cellphone the next day - at present a 100km ride drains my phone to less that 20% battery remaining. On a recent 800km ride I didn't use the GPS on my phone as it was too battery intensive, but that will be a thing of the past soon.

I know it sounds sad, but not being able to charge my phone in the evenings caused me to stay at official camping grounds where I'd have access to power points to charge my phone and Garmin GPS, rather than camping wild.

http://www.sinewavecycles.com/collections/frontpage/products/sinewave-cycles-reactor

Tony