Author Topic: Raven sport tour sizing  (Read 9020 times)

ozzo

Raven sport tour sizing
« on: August 28, 2005, 08:38:25 pm »
Hi, I am thinking serously of having one of these. However, the web site order form asks for setup dimensions. Well I can give the standover & my actual height exactly, but the other dimesions I cannot as really I do not have a suitable machine to take measurments from. Question - will giving just the standover & my actual height, be enough for SJS cycles to build a bike with the corect sized crank arms etc etc ?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

Re: Raven sport tour sizing
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 10:55:23 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by ozzo

Hi, I am thinking serously of having one of these. However, the web site order form asks for setup dimensions. Well I can give the standover & my actual height exactly, but the other dimesions I cannot as really I do not have a suitable machine to take measurments from. Question - will giving just the standover & my actual height, be enough for SJS cycles to build a bike with the corect sized crank arms etc etc ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi ozzo,

Yes, by giving your height and inside leg (in cycling shoes) and after chatting with a member of staff about the type of position you require (upright, sporty etc.) and the intended use of the bike we will be able to setup a bike to suit your needs. Correct setup is something we pride ourselves on!

davefife

Re: Raven sport tour sizing
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 08:19:54 pm »
Ozzo
I am 4 weeks with my RST and have only made the minor adjustments to the way it came out the box that you would with any new bike.  I purchased it with only the 2 dimensions and a long telephone call to the shop.  Go for it, these guys know what they are about.
David