Technical > Luggage

Front Rack for Pace RC31 Carbon Fork

(1/1)

Grimian:
Hi . can anyone help me out here!!!......... [?]

I need to know what the best option would be for fitting a rack to Pace carbon forks to take Ortlieb Front Roller Plus (QL2 fitting) panniers. I would ideally like them in a low-rider position. The fork has no mounting points but there is the option of a v-brake mount. The fork has disk brakes just to make things a little more of a challenge  [:D]!!

I have seen the Delta Shock Treatment rack which I am sure would do the trick ...........

http://www.deltacycle.com/product.php?g=28  

.......... but I would prefer a sleeker look like the Tubus Duo.  [8D]
Perhaps someone makes fittings for forks that will accept better looking racks!!

If there isn't a rack out there, perhaps someone could point me in the direction of a custom rack builder who could make me some!!

superfinlay:
How about selling your panniers and opting for Carradice Limpets, this is a rugged product.

stutho:
I have being looking to buy some limpets for a bike without mounting points. Check them out. http://www.carradice.co.uk/panniers/limpet-super-c-panniers.shtml

Grimian:
Thanks for replying ......... [:)]

I had considered the Limpets and they would have been my first choice but I have been advised that they will not fit the Pace RC31 fork.

The problem is you cannot obtain the right angle for the U-shaped pannier Tube (the tube that holds the panniers in place!) without fouling the bottom of the fork legs. The forks are carbon with magnesium dropouts but they are a wierd shape at the bottom of the legs!![8)]

I have written an e-mail to Carradice in the hope that some form of spacer can be added to 'lift' the bracket away from the legs to prevent it from interfering but I don't know if this may put undue strain on the axle. Has anyone had this problem before [?]

I would really like to use the limpets as the whole carrier system is either on the bike or not ......... it looks neater that way! [8D]

If you can fit the Limpets to your bikes, Stutho & Superfinlay, then that would definately be the option I'd go for [;)]

If this really is a no-go, then I would welcome any other suggestions [;)]

superfinlay:
I haven't tried my limpets with my RC31's yet.  I'll fish them out of the loft and give them a go.  I've been using them on a pair of project-twos that don't have quite the same overhang at the bottom of their stanchions.  A couple of washers and a little bending were all that was needed to fit them nice-n-snug to these.  The aluminium legs of the limpets are very maliabe.  Will let you know how I get on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version