Author Topic: Lighting advice sought  (Read 2166 times)

in4

Lighting advice sought
« on: June 25, 2013, 03:01:48 pm »
As I am rather challenged in the technology department I thought I might ask the advice of the eminent oracles that compliment our forum regarding my new lamp. I'm quite stumped with regard to connectivity, USB options and which hub is the most suitable. Thanks in advance for any advice offered. I included a photo of said lamp below.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Lighting advice sought
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 03:27:18 pm »
Oh, boy! <rubs hands in glee>  ;D ;D ;D

A carbide lamp! A beauty!

It has fittings for the standard "L" bracket on handlebars, fork crown, or blade, and a mineral-glass lens. The carbide tank is at the bottom, and it even has the parallelogram trapezoidal linkage to raise or lower the lamp while keeping it aligned vertically. No signs of rust on the tank, and I can even see the solder lines are intact. It even has the faceted ruby-red side-ports for increased lateral conspicuity -- outstanding! Just ideal for the perspicacious cyclist.
I'm quite stumped with regard to connectivity, USB options and which hub is the most suitable.
Aw, Ian...y'made my day by sharing this wonderful find.   :D

If you can find some carbide crystals, they will -- when combined with water -- produce a gas which will produce an incredibly bright- arc-like white light when ignited. This will allow you to see your computer's USB port and attach a hub to it. A hub is a connective device that allows a single USB port to serve multiple connections. Do this, and you'll be set.  ;)

All the best,

Dan.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:02:25 pm by Danneaux »

Andre Jute

Re: Lighting advice sought
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 06:41:56 pm »
As I am rather challenged in the technology department I thought I might ask the advice of the eminent oracles that compliment our forum regarding my new lamp. I'm quite stumped with regard to connectivity, USB options and which hub is the most suitable. Thanks in advance for any advice offered. I included a photo of said lamp below.

Put it back immediately!

Andre Jute
Nautical and Bicycle Invigilator