Author Topic: Andybg Red Raven Tour  (Read 11213 times)

Andybg

Andybg Red Raven Tour
« on: June 04, 2013, 06:42:33 pm »
The card has been swiped. The money withdrawn.

Yet another Thorn bike wanders its way over to Bulgaria.

I have taken the plunge and bought one of the last of the old style Raven Tours in size 587s in Rosso Red with drop bars in a very basic build including rohloff hub and standard Rigida Andre rims.

Having hummed and harred for the last six months on what bike to replace my 587L Raven Tour with straight bars, I have gone for almost the same bike but just 55mm shorter and this time with a much lower and cost sensible build (yes the wife is considering seperate bank accounts if I dont kerb my bike buying adiction)

Fingers crossed on its safe trans european voyage heer and I will post pictures as soon as it is unpacked.

Andy

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Andybg Red Raven Tour
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 07:03:14 pm »
Sounds absolutely wonderful, Andy, and I'm nearly as excited for its arrival as you -- can't wait to hear ride impressions and see photos.

Rosso Red! Man! It will be a beauty, for sure, and likely far more suited to your riding style and preferences. That is so very important; if the bike just doesn't feel "right", a person won't ride it as much.
(yes the wife is considering seperate bank accounts if I dont kerb my bike buying adiction)
Hmm. Andy, I have the solution. Simply remind her this is...
one of the last of the old style Raven Tours
...so it can't happen again!  ;) <ducks and runs> Well, *this* bike won't happen again, right?  ;D

All the best, and congratulations!

Dan. (...who never falls short when rationalizing a new ride)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 09:32:26 pm »
Andy!

Any word on the marvelous red bike? Has it arrived at your place yet?

Best,

Dan. (...who is nearly as excited as you and can't wait to see photos of it)

Andybg

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 06:07:00 am »
Hi Dan

Bike arrived from Thorn to Marina's sister last Friday. Due for pick up from there today and arrival here in Bulgaria next Monday. I have been very well behaved this week with the only purchase for it being a Cateye Strada computer.

Dont worry as soon as it arrives I will get some good photos of it up

Cheers

Andy

jags

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 11:33:18 am »
best of luck with the new baby Andy.
dont forget the photos.

jags.

Andybg

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 06:24:05 pm »
Live Update:

The bike was collected at 14:30UK time from Marina's siter's and she now officialy making her way over to Bulgaria. The seven day timer has now started. Better get a space cleared for her in the workshop and start explaining to the other bikes that a new one does not mean I love them any less....

Andy - who is going silently mad awaiting her arrival

jags

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 06:42:04 pm »
Hah know how you feel Andy ,always a great feeling to get something you really  want.
pity my audax dream fell through but never mind one of these days. ::)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 06:50:31 pm »
*So* glad she's on the way, Andy. Now, if you can just manage to make it through the intervening days without pieces (yours) falling off...! That's always the way I feel at such times, anyway. There's a sort of high-frequency keening that goes through one's head and body. Checking the clock, the hands just.don't.move.

Ah, soon, Andy. She'll be there soon, with the other bikes waiting in welcome.

All the best,

Dan.

Andybg

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 06:06:49 pm »
A bit of bad news. The bike has been delayed delivery till Thurday pm and am due to leave on a long weekend on Friday morning so it looks like it will be next Tuesday before I get to unwrap her.

Andy

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 06:09:37 pm »
The bike has been delayed delivery till Thurday pm and am due to leave on a long weekend on Friday morning so it looks like it will be next Tuesday before I get to unwrap her.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  :o

Well, time will pass, no matter how glacially, and when you return...Wow! What a thing to find on the doorstep!

Fingers crossed for a safe delivery, and best wishes your way, Andy.

Best,

Dan.

Andybg

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 07:08:01 pm »
Atlast my new bike has arrived (No fault of Thorn). Have got her unpacked. built up and out for a test ride. Everything running perfectly and very happy with her. Only small additions to her are spd pedals (am giving them a go after destroying 4 pairs of trainers this year from wear and tear on the souls) and a cateye strada computer. I went for the cateye strada slim which was a mistake because not only is the computer slim but so is the sensor. So slim in fact that it needs a 15mm spacer to get within sensing distance of the magnet. \definetly a short term solution.

A few pictures to digest

A very happy bunny

Andy

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2013, 08:02:13 pm »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Andy! What a beauty!

Just simply a gorgeous bike, and simple in its beauty as well, with a very clean build...just mudguards, bell, and computer, making for a very athletic appearance.

I keep coming back to see the photos again, and they're a pleasure to view each and every time.

All congratulations your way, Andy! What a ride!

All the best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 08:02:36 pm »
WOW love it        Andy  8)
enjoy it looks like a bike that could tackle any kind of terraine in comfort. ;)

Andybg

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 08:09:59 pm »
Thanks Guys

Yes she sure is a beauty. I am sure before long she will get racked and stacked but for the time being I am just going to enjoy her as she is.

Well maybe I'll change the saddle.. And maybe a Carradice Super C Audax saddle bag and ......

Decisions, deciscions decisions...

Aint that just the fun bit

Andy

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 08:17:25 pm »
Aint that just the fun bit
Yes!

...and hoping you'll take us along on the journey as she gets built-up "Andy-style"!

There'll be none finer, and she'll be truly yours!

All the best,

Dan.