Author Topic: Seasonal cycling gear closeout reminder  (Read 1588 times)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Seasonal cycling gear closeout reminder
« on: April 23, 2013, 08:59:51 pm »
Hi All!

Just a reminder to those looking ahead...*right now* is a good time to contact your favorite vendor to check closeout prices on wet/cold weather cycling gear. This is the time of year when remaindered stuff from last season gets closed out at wonderfully low prices. I just placed an order for some fluorescent/hi-viz knit overgloves and some unpadded plain lycra tights and wind-panel-fronted lycra tights...all for only about 70% the regular cost for the lycra tights alone.

I always get unpadded tights so I can add or remove them while still wearing my padded cycling shorts as a base layer. Makes roadside changes much more modest and convenient. I really like the comfort of bibs, but the one pair I own will be my last -- everything up-top has to come off to remove the straps whenever I heed Nature's call; inconvenient and cold.

It's nice most cycling clothing is it is pretty timeless and classically stable in appearance from year to year-- you can never go wrong with black shorts and tights. Makes stocking up at good prices worthwhile.

Best,

Dan.  (...who will look back in about 7-8 months and be glad he got this stuff for cheap)