Author Topic: Anatomic bars  (Read 3121 times)

andyN

Anatomic bars
« on: November 21, 2005, 05:18:19 pm »
Hi there; I've not seen any discussion on the topic of Rohlhoff shifters and anatomic bars. I wonder if they are compatable and if anyone has any thoughts on this combination. Could it provide a good compromise?

andyN

Re: Anatomic bars
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 05:21:05 pm »
Forgive my spelling of Rohloff!

ahconway

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 08:33:59 am »
Just one of many mis-spellings of the Rohloff, don't worry. (Though, as the person who posted the topic, you can edit it yourself, eliminating the need for a retraction!)

What do you mean by "anatomic bars"? I know there are lots of drops that claim to be anatomic because they've got an extra bit of curviness on the drop. The issue with these and the shifter will be the same as with any drop bars - and there's been extensive discussion about those.

if you're referring to the stubby upturned ones, I suspect that those would accommodate the shifter comfortably, though it might be awkward to shift.

andyN

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 01:14:16 pm »
I was actually thinking of the sort such as the Modolo Anatomic Hybrid Traveller bars and the like, but I since notice that there has in fact been a topic opened on this. Would still be interested though to hear anyone's thoughts or experiences of this combination.