Author Topic: snow again.  (Read 7408 times)

jags

snow again.
« on: March 11, 2013, 12:19:02 am »
An more snow to come will we ever see some nice sunny dry weather. :'(
are you guys in the uk suffering as well. :o

bobs

Re: snow again.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 02:16:13 am »
Yes, we had our summer last week.

Bob

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 02:39:41 am »
Summer here in Eugene, Oregon yesterday, then cloudy and some sprinkles on my ride today and supposed to be rain/showers but with mild temps for the next three weeks. Supposed to be snow/rain mix on the 28th, but that's rather too far out to be very accurate.

Snow? Now?!? Sympathy!

We changed our clocks last night so they're now an hour ahead. Makes it light later in the day (Daylight Saving Time). It seems to have ended our daylong flirtation with Summer.

Best,

Dan. (...who is singing, "Rain, rain, go away; come again some other day!")

NZPeterG

• It's Great to Be Alive! Again! Go Cycle. . . . . .
    • Kiwi Pete's Cycling Safari
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 02:56:23 am »
Show?
Its hot and dry! we need rain!

Pete . . .
 :)

The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common[

http://kiwipetesadventures.tumblr.com/

http://kiwipetescyclingsafari.blogspot.co.nz/

Looked after by Chris @ http://www.puresports.co.nz/
For all your Rohloff and Thorn Bicycle's in NZ

ianshearin

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 07:58:51 am »
Flippin weather...
Went to see my parents (Mothers day) so thought it would be a nice cycle over, about 15mile.
What a nightmare.... Freezing biting wind all the way, I looked liked a frozen chicken when I got there...

Must get some decent cycling clothes, I must, I must....
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
'shing xiong'

il padrone

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 08:06:52 am »
Despite very few really hot days (above 40C) in Melbourne, this summer has seen the hottest January average temps on record, broken the record for the most days over 30C in February (16), and tomorrow likely to break the similar record for March (8 days so far). It has also been the hottest summer since records began.

For you folks over in Ol' Blighty this might seem marvellous but people here are terribly tired of it all. Night-time temps are not dropping below about 24C. Sleep is torrid.

Meantime Rockhampton has 349mm in one day...... that's over 13" of rain..... one day!!

Quote from: ianshearin
I looked liked a frozen chicken when I got there..

Over here you go out for a ride and come home looking like a broiled chook  :(
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 08:19:39 am by il padrone »

il padrone

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 08:14:20 am »
We changed our clocks last night so they're now an hour ahead. Makes it light later in the day (Daylight Saving Time). It seems to have ended our daylong flirtation with Summer.

Have your cows gone off their milk?? Are the curtains faded by it all?? Seems to happen to folks in Queensland here. all sorts oof horrors happen because of that evil daylight saving conspiracy  ;D :P

julk

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 10:21:44 am »
Snow lying here around Edinburgh.
Brrrrrr.

Back on the rollers today.
Julian.

StuntPilot

• Tour on a Bike
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 11:25:48 am »
Blizzards in the Scottish Borders! And I have only just removed the Marathon Winter studded tyres in anticipation of Spring!!

jags

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 12:40:05 pm »
snowing hard all morning and bitter cold a few days of that aussie weather whould work wonders over here in ireland actually if your guys are on for it we will swap a few days we will have the sunshine and you can take this biting weather fair exchange i would have thought. ;D

RobertL

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 01:41:05 pm »
This winter has confirmed I am not tough enough to be riding if the temperature goes below say 4oC, and/or wind speed is above 15mph - did a couple of sleet/snow runs to confirm this! OTOH the nice aspect of UK/Ireland weather is we are not testing the broiling limits that often.

il padrone

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2013, 01:45:58 pm »
Normally even in a hot summer we get 40+ then a cold front whistles in and the temperatures plunge to refreshing low 20s temperatures for a few days, then back to 35. Not this year, we've had high 20s and mostly 30-37 for days. The air-con gets a good work-out at home and nights are sweaty  :-\

4 dgrees.... soft! I thought all you guys in the UK kept riding right through -10C and below winter days  :P

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 05:00:59 pm »
...and...
all sorts of horrors happen because of that evil daylight saving conspiracy
Y'see...go messing about with the time and the weather goes all blooey!  :o

I say, change it to DST and then leave it. Live in the dark all winter  :P and make up for it in the summer.  ;D And leave the weather alone!  >:(

Scientific method? Bah!  :-\ Tossing it out in this case. Correlation:Causation at 1.0.  ;)

All the best,

Dan. (...who thinks that hour back-and-forth has confused the weather works. "Add up enough of those hours, and...well! Y'get this..."*)

*Actual words of one of my neighbors.

Andre Jute

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 07:03:15 pm »
In sunny, smiling West Cork it is sullenly overcast, temperature 3 degrees C, flurries of snow. This is our spring, except they forgot to tell the skies. -- Andre Jute

NZPeterG

• It's Great to Be Alive! Again! Go Cycle. . . . . .
    • Kiwi Pete's Cycling Safari
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 10:15:14 pm »
Its the mid of Summer! so how.do you have Snow? do you all live at the top of mountains?
Its hot.and Sunny! We do need a little rain.

Pete . . .
:-)
The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common[

http://kiwipetesadventures.tumblr.com/

http://kiwipetescyclingsafari.blogspot.co.nz/

Looked after by Chris @ http://www.puresports.co.nz/
For all your Rohloff and Thorn Bicycle's in NZ