Author Topic: Modolo Traveller or Trekking bars with Raven Tour  (Read 3493 times)

Jan

Modolo Traveller or Trekking bars with Raven Tour
« on: August 20, 2005, 03:45:29 pm »
I am very interested in purchasing a Rohloff equipped Raven Tour. Can anyone advise me on the pros and cons of fitting Modolo Traveller or Trekking bars instead of the Thorn Comfort Bars? For example: 1) Can bar bags still be fitted, 2) Is the gear change still readily accessible - I understand this is a plus point with the Thorn Comfort Bars, 3) Are there indeed more hand positions available with the Modolo bars?

I am 58 years old and do a lot of pottering around on my bike plus B & B type touring. I currently have a Dawes Sardar with drops, but find that I mainly use the tops of the bars.

Very many thanks for any advice

Jan

Pedaldog

Re: Modolo Traveller or Trekking bars with Raven Tour
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 06:37:05 pm »
I had the Modolo bars on my most recent Nomads and I loved them. I can't remember which is the Traveller and which is the Trekker. I preferred the ones with the wider and more squared off ends.  I use a Carradice bar bag with Klik fix and there is an extension available ( I bought mone from St John St) to make it okay with the bars. Definitely more hand positions but I dont know about the changing as I never had a Rohloff.