Miscellaneous > Insurance

£150 PA for a Nomad !

<< < (3/4) > >>

cyclone:
Hey people.

There is a 92 page Guide to Cycling with this Saturday's Guardian which covers topics like insurance as well as safety, fitness technique and equipment.

Definitely worth checking out.[:D]

Cheers.

Cyclone

whodabear:
quote:Originally posted by pwat

My household contents inmsurance is about £55pa.  Includes bike whilst on the premises.
Adding cover for bikes off the premises is about £35pa for any number of the family's bikes, pretty much irrespective of how many or value.
Might depend on postcode.
Who with? - Egg.
Know any better?

Hi folks.

Just tried Egg.  They say £1500 max per bike, and on multiple bikes, max is £5000.

Al Downie:
When I was taking out my mortgage a couple of years ago (with Abbey), the lady asked me if I wanted buildings insurance. I'm pretty lazy by nature and couldn't be bothered shopping around, so I just said "Go on then". Then she asked if I wanted contents insurance too, and I said "Go on then". She asked if I had anything very valuable, and I scratched my head a bit and said "Well, an expensive watch I guess, and my bike cost me £1100 last year". Then I thought nothing more about it.

A few weeks ago, I was running late with a girlfriend and we didn't have time to park our bikes in the normal secure place, so we took them into town. We parked them in a busy street, on a proper bike-park-thing, with the 'good' bike (04 Stumpjumper) hidden behind my old duffer bike, but sure enough when we came out of the show the good bike and the lock were gone, but the old duffer (a 1988 Stumpjumper!) was still there. Arse! That's the first time in it's 3yr life that I'd ever taken it into town.

Anyway. I called the insurance company with no receipt, no proof of purchase, nothing except a sad story, and it took about 30seconds for the lady to say  "That's fine Mr Downie, we'll send a cheque for £1100 today". Blimey! I thought that was pretty amazing service.

jawj:
Blimey, lucky you Al!

Now go wash your mouth out with soap for calling a 1988 Stumpjumper an "old duffer"!

JWestland:
Nothing wrong with an old duffer...over in the Netherlands we say "You learn to ride on old bike"

Yes...we also mean that "the other way"  ;D

Is that your chainring jawj?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version