Author Topic: Triplet to Tandem Convertibles  (Read 11775 times)

Hilton

Triplet to Tandem Convertibles
« on: July 23, 2005, 05:19:25 pm »
Does any body know how I can get hold of convertible triplet (eg a Santa Cabrio Triplet - ideally with BTC S&S couplings) from within the UK? Or a triplet that can have S&S fitted and convert?

Apparently the Thorn triplets dont convert to tandems - wrong geometry. I'm happy to buy new or second hand - frame or bike.

They seem to only be available in the US which is a big shame as its such a super fantastic idea! Check out this link: http://www.sandsmachine.com/a_san_t5.htm

Has anyone got something like this they want to sell or know where I can find a distributot in the UK? Or knows a friend who knows a friend who knows a friend....

Ryano

Re: Triplet to Tandem Convertibles
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 02:36:19 pm »
First ever post, so excuse me if you know this already, but GreenGear of the US has convertible tandem/triplet bikes that can fold down or come apart. There must be somewhere in the UK you can buy them.  Must admit I've never tried one, but they look very nice.  Possibly slightly more flex than a full size frame, but whether that is relevant depends on whether your goal is racing or puddling about with family.  Good luck.  Personally, I have a Dahon and it's changed my outlook on small wheel bikes completely.  Now looking to go really strange and get myself a tandem recumbent somewhere.

Ryano

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 02:41:54 pm »
...I'm sure it's not as good as a Thorn though...

fattony

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 12:30:27 pm »
Don't know if you are still looking for a convertible triple to tandem, but I understand that Santana do them. Santanas are available from JD Cycles in Ilkley, West Yorkshire.

Not so long ago I saw a convertible quad in there!

quote:
Originally posted by Hilton

Does any body know how I can get hold of convertible triplet (eg a Santa Cabrio Triplet - ideally with BTC S&S couplings) from within the UK? Or a triplet that can have S&S fitted and convert?

Apparently the Thorn triplets dont convert to tandems - wrong geometry. I'm happy to buy new or second hand - frame or bike.

They seem to only be available in the US which is a big shame as its such a super fantastic idea! Check out this link: http://www.sandsmachine.com/a_san_t5.htm

Has anyone got something like this they want to sell or know where I can find a distributot in the UK? Or knows a friend who knows a friend who knows a friend....