Author Topic: Vintage Campag stuff: Not toury at all but we all have other bikes possibly ;)  (Read 4730 times)

JWestland

Hi -

I have acquired a ciocc san cristobal frame from 1978. Bit like so: http://artisancycles.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ciocc-steel-vintage-san-cristobal-blue-chrome.jpg though mine is silver and not a replica.

On the off chance people with other bikes have Campy 1978 to Chorus 8 parts quietly gathering dust in their shed (from upgraded racers, part groups where other things broke down etc...) just putting out feelers here.

Seatposts, stems, cranks...everything really. As I just got a frame.

Well she's a steel frame from 1978 so no need to phone the hospital yet that I've gone crabon...or bought a cycle computer  ;D

Pedal to the metal! Wind, rain, hills, braking power permitting ;)

jags

i shall take a look tonight i gave away a super reckord rear mech last year  in perfect condition and a crankset, not sure if i have any campag stuff left but if i have ;)

JWestland

jags

ok  had a look found an old campag rear mech needs a mega clean up
pair of old campag  brake leavers need's huds
old crankset Gipiemme square taper 42/52 also needs mega shine up.

i will try and post a photo.
i gave away a nice set of handmade wheels (tubs)7 speed ,now i know the guy doesn't use them so if i can get them back there yours.
 this stuff might not be any good to you wait until you see the photo then make your mind up there all free btw but you will have to make arrangements to collect. sent a photo on to dan hopefully if i pressed the right button  ::) he will post it up.
cheers
jags.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 07:58:50 pm by jags »

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Dan, posting pic for Anto...

Notice the rear mech upper pivot bolt is missing.

Best,

Dan. (Don't shoot! I'm just the messenger...)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 08:38:02 pm by Danneaux »

jags

oops i'll have another look see if its in the spares box if not  ::)

thanks dan .

jags.

jags

Hi -

I have acquired a ciocc san cristobal frame from 1978. Bit like so: http://artisancycles.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ciocc-steel-vintage-san-cristobal-blue-chrome.jpg though mine is silver and not a replica.

On the off chance people with other bikes have Campy 1978 to Chorus 8 parts quietly gathering dust in their shed (from upgraded racers, part groups where other things broke down etc...) just putting out feelers here.

Seatposts, stems, cranks...everything really. As I just got a frame.

Well she's a steel frame from 1978 so no need to phone the hospital yet that I've gone crabon...or bought a cycle computer  ;D

that frame is beautiful ;)

JWestland

Piccie of mine :)

Thanks Dan for posting :)

Thanks Jags checking components etc.

I can wire you cash more economical than letting a courier come to your place. They're mega expensive compared to paying for the good old Postie ;)

jags

no dont wire me cash  get a loan of a car and i will meet you.
lot of hassle for me to post i can meet you and your other half  in dundalk if that suits .
i'm trying to get the wheels back  but no joy as yet.
also the rear mech is pretty useless as theres no bolt in it :-[
i'll have another look for that bolt see if i can find anything else that might get you  moving.
seriously though get a car. ;)

JWestland

Hi Jags checked the parts...it's too new unfortunately!

Need 1974-1980 Nuovo stuff. Such frames a bit like classic cars can't put new things on it...

I don't have anything around the house I can post to you I fear, though got a 42cm TTT bar and a 10CM stem if that helps.

jags

no worries if i come across anything i'll let you know.
nice frame  btw.

JWestland

Tx :)

Was a bit of a search, e-bay can be frustrating for vintage rip-off prices, wrong size etc.

London Fixed Gear forums is very good for vintage steel frames for building up. Mostly UK based, but also has a Dutch guy. They do parts too.

No good for touring frames though, it's mostly the city commuting scene/bike nuts/fixie people up there. For touring knowledge this forum is the best spot :)

Let me know if you get around to that tour this year. Free St Paddy's day, though it will probably be pissing down with the luck of the Irish bank holiday  :P