Author Topic: Cateye Computer  (Read 11241 times)

BobScarle

Cateye Computer
« on: July 04, 2005, 01:30:54 pm »
I have a Cateye Cordless 2 Computer which I bought with my beloved Audax 853 about 16 months ago. Recently I have noticed a problem. Riding along the computer seems to show random numbers. I may be riding at 15mph and the computer will show this, then it may change to 9 or 4 or even 0 before returning to 15. This happens regularly throuout a ride and of course affects the distance travelled (yesterday I Rode 65 miles measured on a GPS, Cateye shows 52).

The only servicable parts are the batteries which I have changed, transmitter and receiver. This happens whether I ride alone or in a bunch.

Does anybody else have any problems with this or other cordless computers? I am not too happy at having to throw this away after only 16 months, I would have expected a longer life. Do you have any thoughts on the life expectancy of a cycle computer?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Dave Whittle Thorn Workshop

• Thorn Cycles
Re: Cateye Computer
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 01:43:19 pm »
Sounds like a faulty sensor, they had a batch of them around then which didn't work, you need to send it back really and I will send it off and see if it is one of the offending batch.

Dave Whittle SJSC 01278 441542