Author Topic: From xtc to sherpa  (Read 2753 times)

anniesboy

From xtc to sherpa
« on: November 17, 2012, 08:06:35 am »
My wife and I have been Thorn owners since 2001.This was when we purchased our XTCs.
Time is catching up with us we are now 137 years old. My wife has a problem with her hip and the height of top tube (crossbar) was a problem.
Hence we thought a solution needed to be found,I discovered the Sherpa step through frame and fork set. And ordered one it arrived next day.Swapping all the gear was straight forward as I opted for workshop prep with headset installed. Here is the before and after. If the photos uploaded.

anniesboy

Re: From xtc to sherpa
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 08:08:34 am »
My wife and I have been Thorn owners since 2001.This was when we purchased our XTCs.
Time is catching up with us we are now 137 years old. My wife has a problem with her hip and the height of top tube (crossbar) was a problem.
Hence we thought a solution needed to be found,I discovered the Sherpa step through frame and fork set. And ordered one it arrived next day.Swapping all the gear was straight forward as I opted for workshop prep with headset installed. Here is the before and after. If the photos uploaded.Oh good yes they did size could have been bigger click on picture to enlarge.

Erudin

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 11:51:31 am »
Great job, glad it went smoothly, the Step Through frame is a lovely looking design. I agree having the headset installed and workshop prep make building up a frame much easier.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 04:01:38 pm »
Oh, boy; our first "step-thru" frame in the gallery!

Welcome to the Forum, and thanks for favoring us with these pics of a lovely bicycle. The design looks really good built up as you have done, and makes for a fine machine that positively glows in red.

Don't forget...the old frame might be snapped up quickly on offer in our Private Classified board.

Best,

Dan.

Andybg

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 04:26:42 pm »
There are definetly some xtc fans on here so you may well get a buyer.

Looks fantastic

Andy

anniesboy

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 05:54:03 pm »
Yes I will be selling it soon,it is in very good condition.Very few small paint dings and one very small (hardly noticeable )dent on top tube.
I just need to think of my price xtc are not made any more (I think).

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 05:55:58 pm »
There is your repainted XTC, Jawine!  :D

(...and maybe a better fit?)

All the best,

Dan.

jags

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 08:26:14 pm »
 i was just thinking the same Dan  ;)
now for the big question will she buy and whats the asking price.

JWestland

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 06:22:00 pm »
Hi yes im interested as my 525L is literally just on the edge due to long top tube

Im 5 5 in old money and 1.65 in new money :-)
Pedal to the metal! Wind, rain, hills, braking power permitting ;)