Author Topic: Carradice Factory Visit  (Read 3441 times)

Andybg

Carradice Factory Visit
« on: November 02, 2012, 03:57:02 pm »
Well at long last I managed to visit the Carradice factory today.

Much to my relief it was exactly as I imagined. It is situated right at the bottom of a very narrow road on the second floor of an old victorian factory unit. The customer counter is just that, with only a piece of wood seperating you from the factory floor which I would not have imagined has changed much in the last 50 years.

The lady who came to help us was more than helpfull and we spent an enjoyable hour watching the two and fro of the shop floor while inspecting their range of products. The lady (I regret now not gettting her name) kept saying I think we have one of those in seconds and then coming back with just the item at a great saving.

I just wanted to let the forum know that the reality of a visit is as good as you would imagine and that the service and friendliness does them credit.

They have a reasonable size (if somewhat incomplete) stock of seconds that they are selling at a discounted price (50%) with faults ranging from the severe to the inconsequential(a missing carradice patch for example)

Certainly an enjoyable experience

Andy

jags

Re: Carradice Factory Visit
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 04:21:12 pm »
nice one Andy when i enquired about buying a second they said they dont have them :-X
guess you can't blame them telling a white lie on an email enquirey .
i still managed to get a class barley though from Steve. ;)

Andybg

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 05:46:51 pm »
I saw that Jags. They do look something special them barley ones

Andy

jags

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 06:24:49 pm »
So Andy what did you buy  :o full set of super c panniers and now to sjs for EXP special ;)

Andybg

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 08:16:12 am »
Hi Jags

Yes it was a full set of super c but not the exp this year. I am working on a Thorn Tour at the moment which is nearly up to spec and will be putting it in the gallery soon.

Andy

jags

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 09:23:02 am »
well done andy there super looking bags last a lifetime thats for sure. ;)

Pavel

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 05:25:15 pm »
Tell them for me to make another batch of the Duxback Spats!  Pretty much the best piece of gear I've ever bought is the Duxback Jacket.  They too seem not be be manufactured any longer and I worry that one day I may lose mine.  I never did manage to find the bottoms in stock anywhere and rue the fact.  So ... yeah, go for another visit! :D