Author Topic: FS: Thorn Raven Sports Tour Carbon Forks (£99+PnP)  (Read 2243 times)

Man of Kent

FS: Thorn Raven Sports Tour Carbon Forks (£99+PnP)
« on: March 23, 2012, 08:01:36 am »
As above :-)  I'm currently running a pair of Thorn Carbon Forks on my RST but wish to change to steel (I'm a loaded touring type of bloke)  There's some slight scuffs on them but nothing else, pictures upon request :-)

The Forks I'd like to replace them with are only £99 and I don't want to make a profit on them so that's the asking price.

I'm based in Bristol, UK. Happy to ship anywhere at cost.

PM or Post here if interested :-)

Yrs,
Ryan
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:59:54 am by Man of Kent »

stephenwatson

Re: FS: Thorn Raven Sports Tour Carbon Forks (£99+PnP)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 04:42:22 pm »
Hi Ryan
I'm in the process of buying a s/h Thorn Raven sport size 536L with steel forks. I presume yours would fit? I'm not really a bike mechanic - are they easy to change over and how high does the steerer tube come above the frame? Are you interested in a swap? Mine will be red when the bike arrives. Please could you send some photos to:  mail@stephenwatson.me.uk   
Kind regards, Stephen

brummie

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 07:24:26 pm »
Thorn forks come with different 'offset/ rake' depending on the frame size. ( usually a number stamped on the steerer tube ie 46, 48...)  Ideally you'll need to make sure the numbers match AND that the forks axle to crown lengths are the same.

Man of Kent

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 12:06:44 pm »
Apologies to Stephen that I never replied all those months ago: it was a kind offer and one I'd have taken up if all the measurements were correct.  Life's thrown me a few curve balls recently!

Anyway, the forks mentioned above are now on eBay and end on sunday:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200813388053?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

There's a reserve of £50 pounds on them, rake is 45mm, crown to axle is 45mm.  Steerer tube in uncut.

If anyone from the Thorn Forums community wins then I'll ship them for free: just let me know that you saw them here once I've sent an invoice.
Peace and Grease,
RYan