Author Topic: Abergavenny Raven  (Read 14578 times)

TonySmith

Abergavenny Raven
« on: March 16, 2005, 12:56:21 pm »
I've had a Raven for over a year now and thought I was the only one round here. Yesterday afternoon I went to unlock it and something caught my eye about the bike parked next to me....and it was only another one (but with less bits on)! last time I saw two together was on the showroom.
 Who are you? I've raved about the bike to so many people perhaps I made a sale?

TonySmith

Re: Abergavenny Raven
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 01:46:04 pm »
Came up behind two tourers laden with camping gear this morning and was amazed to see they were both Ravens! 3 of us all grinding up station Road. They looked like new posh ones with billiard cue paint, silver chains and black hubs. Sorry I made you jump!

Andrew

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 01:59:40 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by TonySmith

Came up behind two tourers laden with camping gear this morning and was amazed to see they were both Ravens! 3 of us all grinding up station Road. They looked like new posh ones with billiard cue paint, silver chains and black hubs. Sorry I made you jump!

Ahh! you've caught our designer Andy.B and Co. out on a four day, "final stage testing", test-ride... We don't do things by half here!
Andrew

TonySmith

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 01:56:39 pm »
Lucky I was in a hurry to catch a train going the other way or I might have embarrased myself by giving advice and tips to the "newbies". Glad to v. briefly meet you, hope you had a fun and successful trip.

rhebarker

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 10:21:38 pm »
Well I don't have a Raven (rather an audax mode Cyclosportif in black,with m*dg**r*s and a miniscule rackpack) but I'm just down the road in the Wye Valley and regularly come thorugh Aber on rides.  Keep your eyes peeled! :-)