Author Topic: Expedition planning Advice with Al Humphreys  (Read 1632 times)

richie thornger

• Batman to Robben
Expedition planning Advice with Al Humphreys
« on: September 04, 2012, 05:58:59 pm »
I've just seen this.
I've signed up. If anyone else is going let me know.

September gathering: Journeys with a purpose

Thursday, 13 September 2012
an informal evening at the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG)
London from 6.30pm-8.30pm

An informal gathering for those planning expeditions or fieldwork. Hosted by Alastair Humphreys, this is an opportunity to share your expertise and experiences with others planning journeys of their own.

Perhaps you are thinking of cycling the globe and are looking for advice on route planning. Maybe you are making a journey by 4x4 and want to add a research dimension.

The evening aims to bring together individuals with a range of experiences to swap expertise and share ideas. Whether you are planning your first venture or are a seasoned expeditioner keen to share your knowledge, everyone is welcome.

There will be no formal structure to the evening. This will simply be an opportunity to get together with others who are planning or who have taken part in amazing journeys.

Sign up in advance (PDF) giving information on your plans and past experience. This way we can try to help you meet individuals with similar areas of interest on the night.

Cost: £5 entry on the door.
Numbers are limited so try to book in advance.

Cash bar available.

Register your interest by submitting an application form (PDF). The submit button is on the top left. Alternatively click 'share', attach to email and send to go@rgs.org

Please note, some browsers may not support our interactive PDF.

original link
http://www.rgs.org/OurWork/Fieldwork+and+Expeditions/GO+seminars+and+workshops/September+gathering.htm
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy