Author Topic: Mk1 Nomad  (Read 4315 times)

Andybg

Mk1 Nomad
« on: September 04, 2012, 10:38:40 am »
I am looking for a Mk1 Nomad ( pre Rohloff) or Sherpa Frame or complete bike. Looking for size around 560S.

If you have or know of one for sale I would be interested

Many thanks

Andy 

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Mk1 Nomad
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 05:47:32 pm »
Hi Andy,

Have you considered an eXp? Before the Rohloff versions, they were very like the derailleur-mech Nomad Mk1 as I recall, and used 19mm seatstays and larger-diameter, thicker-walled tubing than the Sherpa in places. Some were built in Thorn's frame shop by noted builder Kevin Sayles and are very fine bikes indeed. Depending on geometry, you might even be able to use a slightly larger marked size and come out essentially the same. Pic of one below.

Just a thought to keep in mind, as it might increase your selection pool.

Best,

Dan.

Andybg

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 06:04:17 pm »
Definetly another one to keep a look out for. As you probably guessed from my posts I am going to exhaust the deraillier options before I go down the route of the MK2 Nomad. As you know apart from the carrying capacity the Mk2 Nomad would be ovekill for what I need it for

Andy

Relayer

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 02:24:40 pm »
I am looking for a Mk1 Nomad ( pre Rohloff) or Sherpa Frame or complete bike. Looking for size around 560S.
Andy  

Andy

There is a Sherpa 560S for sale on the CTC forum here  

http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=67933

unless I am mistaken it belongs to john28july (erstwhile member of this forum who was/is a Thorn fanatic and is technically knowledgeable), on that basis I think you could assume this bike is exactly as described.

Going by the timing of certain posts over there, I would guess that John got his Club Tour.  

P.S.  If this means that John's health has improved sufficiently for him to get back to cycling at whatever level then that has to be good news.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 02:26:52 pm by Relayer »

Andybg

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 06:17:04 pm »
Thanks for that

I will try and pm him through ctc

It looks a very nice bike

Cheers

Andy