Author Topic: WTB: SKS P55 rear fender only, in black, good cond.  (Read 2239 times)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
WTB: SKS P55 rear fender only, in black, good cond.
« on: May 14, 2012, 04:37:30 am »
Hi All!

Just wondering...does anyone might have a spare/old SKS P55 rear fender only kicking around from a crash-damaged set? I don't need the stays, just the fender blade itself. Preferably in good condition. It wouldn't hurt if one also had a spare crosspiece that the stays attach to (from a piece of other fender of the same type).

Why, you ask?

Well, on my 1980 Centurion ProTour, I repurposed a rear fender for the front one, arcing it around till it gave coverage at the height of the front brake bosses. Worked wonders in truly wet conditions for reducing blow-back of the spray one normally gets when the front fender is cut off near the top of its arc. For an illustration, see: http://www.thorncycles.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4143.0;attach=1299

I'd like to have the option to do the same for Sherpa on very wet winter days, then switch back to the usual "shorty" front for drier summertime use.

Yes, they look very strange, but I'm after function, and the look grows on a person (me, anyway). They work incredibly well in torrential rain, as one doesn't ride directly into one's own freshly expelled rainwater and road debris. Andre will likely recognize this design, as some models of Utopia offer forward-arcing front fenders complete with forward stays.

Thanks in advance,

Dan.