Author Topic: Possible added section for Thorn-specific links?  (Read 10570 times)

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Possible added section for Thorn-specific links?
« on: October 23, 2011, 08:01:17 pm »
Hi All,

I wonder if it might be possible or desirable to add a section to the Thorn Cycling Forums for links leading to Thorn-specific sites or to travel blogs where Thorns are used and enjoyed by their owners?

The Thorn Cycles home page has a section for links to magazine tests, reviews, and comparisons, and even to some sites detailing Thorn-based travels. I've enjoyed them all -- especially Andy Blance's and Fiona's PDF downloads of their journeys -- but have also run across many others that enthusiastically detail using their Thorns for worldwide travel.  I'd like to share these links with my fellow forum members, but there seems to be no single place for them, and I don't want to introduce endless new topics or dilute existing ones when these could be better presented in one place.  This forum already serves as a central clearinghouse for Thorn-related information and interaction, so this would seem a congruent addition.

I apologize in advance if I am out of line in proposing such a thing, but hope it is something the forum administration might consider if it would, indeed, be an improvement or aid in list organization.  You have all been so very kind in welcoming me to the list and in making me feel at home and for that, I thank you.  The Forum is a wonderful resource, and I offer this suggestion in the spirit that something this good might yet be improved, even incrementally.

With best regards,

Dan.
Eugene, OR - USA

julk

Re: Possible added section for Thorn-specific links?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 09:35:25 pm »
Dan,
A good idea, don't know how much authority 'admin' have to make this sort of change.

Probably worth e-mailing the great man himself (Robin Thorn) as he will be a future beneficiary and likely the person to organise the change.
Julian.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Possible added section for Thorn-specific links?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 07:38:54 pm »
Issue resolved by a single post titled, "Danneaux's Off-List, Thorn-Specific Links": http://www.thorncycles.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=3804.0

I'll just update it periodically and prune the links that have gone dead.

Others are welcome to add to that thread with a Reply.

Best,

Dan.