Author Topic: Rose Blackwater 3  (Read 3906 times)

ads677

Rose Blackwater 3
« on: July 04, 2011, 05:15:01 pm »
Does anyone have any knowledge or thoughts on this company and bike, especially compared with Thorn?

www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rose-black-water-iii-trekking-carbon-drive-men//aid:496005

brummie

Re: Rose Blackwater 3
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 08:55:28 pm »
I think you'll find almost everybody  on this forum would rather have a Thorn. More choice. Proven. Great customer service.

Jack.anywhere

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 09:18:50 am »
Morning
e-mail Andy Blance at thorn and ask what he thinks about Carbon drive, not what I wanted to hear because I fancied one, but probably right ( he wouldn't fit one ).

rualexander

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 02:26:18 pm »
I like the back end of that bike but not the front end with the suspension forks etc.
I like the idea of the Gates carbon belt drive too, and it seems to be gaining ground in the market.
There are quite a few things that Thorn/Andy don't like that other companies seem to be able to implement without catastrophe. James Bowthorpe rode his round-the-world ride using a Santos bike with Gates carbon belt so thats a pretty good testimonial for them.

brummie

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 10:15:24 pm »
I like the back end of that bike but not the front end with the suspension forks etc.
I like the idea of the Gates carbon belt drive too, and it seems to be gaining ground in the market.
There are quite a few things that Thorn/Andy don't like that other companies seem to be able to implement without catastrophe. James Bowthorpe rode his round-the-world ride using a Santos bike with Gates carbon belt so thats a pretty good testimonial for them.

Ah but he only rode around the world once !
With regards the Rose bike though I think it's a question of evaluating the pros & cons of  the Belt drive, Suntour suspension fork AND 700c wheels...