Author Topic: Sharing photos with family... and the forum?  (Read 1950 times)

neil_p

Sharing photos with family... and the forum?
« on: June 03, 2011, 04:23:18 pm »
Hi,

I'd like to share photos with a family member who is not very IT literate... ideally I would like to send an email with a link which then opens up a photo, or set of photos. I have a flickr account... will that do? If not I also have Photobox.  I don't want this person to have to set up their own flickr account etc.

Whilst we're on the subject, anyone used flickr photos in this forum? How do you do it? I'd like to know before I start off a thread with lots of failed attempts in it!!!   :D

I have finally taken some photos of my Thorn (4 years since I bought it!!!)...

Cheers

Neil

rualexander

Re: Sharing photos with family... and the forum?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 06:06:46 pm »
Yes you can just send them the URL of your flickr page, they don't have to have an account to view them.
You could copy the URL for the flickr slideshow page of the set of photos you want them to see, that way they will be taken straight to the slideshow which they can just sit and watch without having to do anything else.
Here's some of mine :
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rualexander/sets/72157626262271331/show/

neil_p

Re: Sharing photos with family... and the forum?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 10:01:02 pm »
I briefly watched the first few of your photos... I have only been to the west coast of scotland once, but as soon as I saw them I recognised the landscape. Thank you for the lovely pictures and reminder of a great set of memories!

I have now posted my bike pics... using your suggestion. Cheers!  :)