Author Topic: Anybody ride sportives or similar?  (Read 8782 times)

JimK

• Interdependent Science
Re: Anybody ride sportives or similar?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 12:57:02 pm »
calorie counting; weight loss

I really need to lose about 30 lb - that ought to help with the hills! Thanks for the inspiration! And congratulations on your excellent performance!

One young fellow I worked with for several years was getting into track racing. By now he has won national championship races in a couple events! He is a strict vegan. I heard from some folks who knew him before I met him. They said he had a much rounder shape in those early days, before he went vegan and got into bicycle racing.

Relayer

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2011, 04:17:56 pm »
I really need to lose about 30 lb - that ought to help with the hills! Thanks for the inspiration! And congratulations on your excellent performance!

One young fellow I worked with for several years was getting into track racing. By now he has won national championship races in a couple events! He is a strict vegan. I heard from some folks who knew him before I met him. They said he had a much rounder shape in those early days, before he went vegan and got into bicycle racing.

I'm still stuck on the Alf Tupper training diet!

Han

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 10:32:10 pm »
I did the Hampshire Hilly Hundred on my Thorn RT with a Rohloff last year. Everyone else there was on a road bike and I did get blanked a lot. I still had a nice ride but no one wanted to talk to me :( . No punctures though ( I did pass quite a lot of folk mending them )  :D