Author Topic: Klickfix bracket. Help with fitting.  (Read 4962 times)

peterfs

Klickfix bracket. Help with fitting.
« on: January 10, 2015, 10:43:23 pm »
i have just bought a Carradice Super C Handlebar bag. I have fitted the Klickfix clamp to the Thorn Comfort bars on my bike as per the instructions, however I'm not sure I've done it correctly.
The block seems too loose on the handlebars. I have adjusted the tension of the securing cable and when the bag is fitted the cable stops it tilting forward and is in a good functional position. If the bag is taken off the whole clamp is pulled back by the tension of the cable, there is no resistance offered by the bracket that goes round the handlebar. The bracket appears to be too big to grip the handlebar although I have used the standard size bracket which is recommended for the 24.5mm bar. In fact when the brackets are clipped round the handlebar prior to pushing into the main body of the clamp they grip and fit fine but they open up slightly when pushed into the body and lose grip.
Have I fitted it incorrectly ?
Is this normal ? There is no resistance to the bag tilting back towards the bike.
Should I put some rubber round the handlebar to hold the brackets in place ?

Thanks for any advice

JimK

• Interdependent Science
Re: Klickfix bracket. Help with fitting.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 10:54:25 pm »
I used a couple turns of old inner tube around the Thorn Auxiliary Bar to get my Klickfix secure. Sounds like it's needed on the handlebars, too!

peterfs

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 11:14:43 pm »
Thanks Jim I had that in mind too.

rualexander

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 11:17:03 pm »
Sounds reasonably normal, but if you can tighten up the screws that hold the main part to the  clips that go round the handlebar, that should make it a bit stiffer to rotate.

energyman

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 09:47:25 pm »
Self Amalgamating electrical insulation tape works well too.
Also stops any scratching on ones paintwork

peterfs

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 10:59:10 pm »
Thanks. Now sorted with a piece of innertube. I've also used it in re-positioning my front light bracket, and I've put a length in my bag - comes in very useful for tying stuff to the rear rack when the bag gets full.