Author Topic: Carradice Quick-clip system  (Read 5908 times)

Lemming

Carradice Quick-clip system
« on: May 09, 2014, 08:13:19 am »
Has anyone any experience with these?
I am cautious about having a single catch for a rear pannier, so wondering if it worthwhile fitting C system hooks, which I have never had a problem with.

Templogin

Re: Carradice Quick-clip system
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 03:01:42 pm »
Mine has been fine so far.  On one particularly rattly ride the pannier frame fixing nuts came loose but the pannier clip was never a problem.  Having said this, I still prefer the 2 clip system on my partner's Ortliebs.

strictnaturist

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 06:57:56 pm »
Hi all,
Does anyone know where I can get the Arkel retrofit pannier hook system in or near the UK?

New Year jobs lining up,
cheers
SN

julk

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 09:03:57 pm »
I retro fitted some Arkel pannier hooks to my Super C panniers, one of best things I ever did.
I don’t remember where they shipped from, but Arkel (UK) now ship stock from Liverpool.

Definitely worth contacting the head office in Canada to see if they will ship pannier hooks from the UK.
Julian.

strictnaturist

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 10:22:17 pm »
Thanks Julian, will contact the head team,
cheers
Eddie

strictnaturist

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 01:17:05 pm »
Just a thought. Could you fit two of the Carradice quick clips on the pannier? One each side of a hook?

RonS

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 06:22:10 pm »
I see the Arkel hooks on the US and Canadian websites, but not the Europe/UK ones. If for some reason Arkel can not supply them to you, I'm sure one of your  Thorn Forum friends from across the pond could order them and re-post them to you. The beauty of PayPal.
As an owner of Arkel panniers (and having no experience with any of the other major players) , I think their attachment system is among the best.

julk

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 11:58:28 pm »
I must have got my Arkel hook upgrade kits sent to the UK from the Canadian site.
I have tried all the major pannier players except Ortlieb and the Arkel hooks are the best I have come across.
Julian.