Author Topic: Raven Tour & Sport Tour  (Read 3598 times)

Andybg

Raven Tour & Sport Tour
« on: January 29, 2016, 04:54:03 pm »
Just a few shots of the bikes I am currently favouring.

The first is my Raven Tour (the one Dan borrowed on his tour) which gets used mainly as a utility bike but has also doubled up for winter duty running Schwalbe Ice Spiker 2.1 tyres. It has run the winter very well and the Rohloff has dealt much better with the snow and ice than my der Nomad although it did start to miss the odd gear change when the temp went below -30 although the problem was only momentary and now it has warmed up has vanished. I have just fitted some 2.25 Marathon Extremes to it for the next week while the roads are still muddy and slushy.

The second is my recently acquired Raven Sport Tour which is my main go for a ride bike. It is a very nice spec and I have spent the last few months upgrading her to my preferences. She is a fairly quick bike and keeps up with the carbon and aluminium bikes on the club run.

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
Re: Raven Tour & Sport Tour
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 05:04:19 pm »
Both bikes looking very good, Andy!
She is a fairly quick bike and keeps up with the carbon and aluminium bikes on the club run...
Part of that is no doubt due to the motor. Andy has very good cycling form and is very fast over shorter distances, even though many of Bulgaria's roads are rough and with very steep grades.

All the best,

Dan.

in4

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 05:27:06 pm »
Trust a cat to crash the photo too! LOL

Hoodatder

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 08:19:26 am »
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the photos. It is interesting to see the different geometry of the frames for what would appear to be the same bike, or is this just the camera angle playing tricks?

Obviously, they are not the same bike at all, as can be witnessed from the "aggressive" set up of saddle and bars on the Sport as opposed to the relaxed set up on the Tour.

So glad to hear you can hold your own on the club runs with the Sport - they are fabulous bikes aren't they? So understated and overlooked by the casual passer by.

Why do you have the dynamo on the Sport and not the Tour? I ask out of personal interest, in that I will soon be owning these two styles of bike and don't want to miss a trick - again!

I hardly ever cycle in the dark - I can hardly see in the day, even wearing my glass bottle bottomed glasses - so my dynamo is essentially for charging gizmos etc. Therefore, that will be going on the Tour.

Seeing the photos is evidence of the difference between the two bikes, given that they are used by the same rider.

Thanks for posting

Regards

Ian
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 08:41:29 am by hoodatder »