Author Topic: derailleur tourer frame wanted  (Read 3145 times)

lemongrass

derailleur tourer frame wanted
« on: October 21, 2010, 10:09:31 pm »
Hi, I'm looking for a frame, preferably 700c so I'm thinking most likely a Club tour. I'm 6'0 so if I understand the sizing that'd be about a 560 (I'll bow to other's superior knowledge here). I could be persuaded to go for a 26" frame but I'm more or less set on a derailleur as I don't have the money for a Rohloff just yet. I live in Ireland so hopefully shipping would not be too much of an issue. This isn't particularly urgent, I'd like to get touring within a year or so, all the touring I've done so far has been on a hybrid and a cyclocross bike and I'd like to have a proper tourer for the feeling of being able to deal with more or less anything (incidentally if anyone has a frame and would like a cross bike it's a Cannondale Optimo Disc 2 with mostly 105 components and I would be interested in a swap).

Thanks,
Daniel

lemongrass

Re: derailleur tourer frame wanted
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 12:20:55 pm »
Still looking for a frame. I'm not leaning towards 26" wheels. Does anyone have a steel mtb frame suitable for touring they're willing to sell? Specifically a Dawes Sardar/Onedown as I've heard they're well suited to the task. Looking for a Thorn but willing to settle.
Thanks

sweats

Re: derailleur tourer frame wanted
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 08:41:24 pm »
Hi lemongrass
I have sent you a PM re a steel Dawes Sardar I am selling.
Cheers