Author Topic: Which Kickstand for a Nomad (Rohloff)  (Read 3243 times)

AndrewC

Which Kickstand for a Nomad (Rohloff)
« on: August 01, 2010, 10:49:33 pm »
A brief tour with friends last week left me jealous of the way they could could just flick down their stands and prop their bikes up, while I was either looking for something to lean it against or lying it down.

SJS stock the Hebie & Pletscher stands, but which is the best fit for a Nomad ?  My friends appeared to clamp around the left hand side chainstay, but I think this might interfere with the cables running to the clickbox.

Any suggestions welcome.

mylesau

Re: Which Kickstand for a Nomad (Rohloff)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 09:01:40 am »
Hi Andrew,

When I purchased my Raven Nomad, Thorn pretty much said if you put on a kickstand your warranty goes out the window e.g. they don't recommend one.  They grudgingly suggest the Hebie as the only option.

I didn't like the sounds of the above so ended up getting a click-stand.  The click-stand won't damage your frame and should not cause any warranty issues.

The click-stand is not quite as quick as a traditional kickstand, but now I've had it for a while I don't find it to be an issue.

Cake

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 01:25:54 pm »
I can vouch for the click-stand aswell.  I also avoided the frame mounted biped type stand for the same reasons as mylesau.

I've used the click-stand for a couple of years (ish) and wouldn't be without it now.

peddles

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 05:04:16 pm »
Not sure if Thorn have different rules for the Nomad frame but they fitted a Hebie centre stand to my Raven Tour at the time of purchase. I like it but don't know how much use it will be with the bike loaded.