Author Topic: What is the oldest form of transport that is in use day to day.  (Read 2833 times)

expr

This is quite a good one for us all, i cant really include myself on this one but would be interested to learn what is the oldest form of transport that any of you are using as a daily form of commuting etc...

julk

Re: What is the oldest form of transport that is in use day to day.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 11:13:38 am »
Walking?

Especially after a visit from the p***ture fairy!

expr

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 12:49:12 pm »
I know what you mean, just last week while riding home for part of the way at least I started to hear that horrible noise pst pst pst pst as the front wheel went round, bearing in mind I have Kevlar tyres and the anti puncture (slime) innertubes . After stopping to investigate the noise I found a rather large self tapping screw well and truly embedded in the tyre. After pulling it out the whole tyre deflated almost straight away, but with the modern day wonders of communication and a 15 min wait the wife came along with the car.

After getting home and looking at the innertube it was a right off, to big a hole to fix, and had to put copious amounts of gaffer tape in the tyre  over the hole. I only use this bike for work so have made do as the tyre is only a year old.

Durban-Road

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 11:03:36 am »
Shanks's pony? :)

I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure.

Pavel

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 07:44:53 pm »
I vote for .... Daydreaming!

Danneaux

• Administrator
  • reisen statt rasen
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 07:52:23 pm »
Pavel,

I might have answered, "Shoe-Leather Express", but I like your response better!  ;D One can go farther with less energy expended with daydreaming...

Best,

Dan.