Author Topic: Team Sky Announcement  (Read 2647 times)

Sky Sports Team

Team Sky Announcement
« on: February 26, 2009, 08:49:16 am »
Team Sky

We know you’re passionate about cycling and we wanted you to be amongst the first to know about the creation of a professional British road cycling team - Team Sky.

Team Sky hopes to create the first British winner of the Tour De France within the next five years and inspire more people, to get on their bikes and enjoy the positive benefits of cycling.

Competing from the start of 2010, Team Sky will have a core of British riders, coaches and support staff and will be managed by David Brailsford who, as you know, led Britain’s Olympic team to its inspiring 14 medal haul. 

Team Sky is just part of Sky’s commitment to cycling, as a Principal Partner of British Cycling we’re looking to fuel the sport from grass roots to professional level. We are also developing more inspiring events, like last year’s Sky Sports London Freewheel, to make cycling fun, easy and accessible to all.

We look forward to hearing what you have to say and if you want us to, we’ll be happy to come back and update you on any new developments.

Thanks
Sky Sports Team
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 09:06:04 am by Sky Sports Team »

onmybike

Re: Team Sky Announcement
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 09:12:07 am »
Woohoo... and you're going to be riding Thorn Raven Nomads no doubt.

spoon boy

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 11:39:31 pm »
Big commitment into the thorn forum from sky..or was it just an advert..those rascally sky fellows

jags

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 11:03:11 am »
well done sky ,only for your coverage of cycling  we would be all in the dark,so from me thanks. i'll have my feet up today watching the giro,  it would be fantastic if you put a world class team together, hope im around to see it .in the meantime i'll stick to my touring bike and all the pleasures that brings.
maybe some kind of documantry on cycle touring . :-\