Author Topic: Free One-Pan Recipes for Camp!  (Read 10613 times)

dr_mcgarry

Free One-Pan Recipes for Camp!
« on: May 22, 2004, 10:25:29 pm »
http://http://bicyclelane.com/Recipes_for_Camp/recipes_for_camp.htm

Your friends will wonder when you snuck-off to Paris
for cooking class.

Istanbul_Tea

Re: Free One-Pan Recipes for Camp!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 10:20:53 pm »
Canadian + Dr. + Free Recipes = You aren't going to get me on this one... Mamma didn't raise no fool!

epa611

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 06:10:25 pm »
Used this webpage before, and there area ctually some good easy recipies for my Trangia [;)][:D][:D][:p]

LycraMan

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 09:23:56 pm »
Why bother cooking food on some gas cooker when there a Maccy Dees on every corner, or failing that pop into a local spar and get a cheese and onion pasty, Packet of space invaders and a milky way, Wash the lot down with a Dr P and your sorted :)

Pedaldog

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 06:58:47 pm »
Tin of Heinz Macaroni cheese and a packet of crisps generally does the trick for me!

JNDavis

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 07:48:28 pm »
I'm still in 1974, following Hamish Brown's recommendations, as far as backpacking/bikepacking food is concerned.  Tins if one day out from a shop and dried subsequently.

However, I have learned one new trick.  Fresh pasta comes in tough plastic containers.  It will last in panniers/rucksacks until the evening of day two out from the shop.  Cooked in a soup, such as Austrian herb, it brings a touch of luxury to any wild pitch.  Pasta is buoyant so can only be cooked a bit at a time, making this recipe more suitable for gas stoves than for trangias as the heat goes on for a minute or two then off then back on.  I mix the normal amount of water into the soup.  It thickens throughout the cooking process and ends up as a decent sauce.