Author Topic: Thorn Raven Sport Tour for sale - size 561L  (Read 6253 times)

goosander

Thorn Raven Sport Tour for sale - size 561L
« on: February 14, 2010, 09:01:42 pm »
Thorn Raven Sport Tour bike with Rohloff speedhub for sale - £1200ono

The bike is in good condition and has just been rebuilt with the following work done:

Frame re-powder coated
New rear rim - Rigida Andra rohloff specific rim with carbide coating (Thorn wheel build)
New rear tyre - Continental sport contact
New brake blocks
New chain and sprocket
Hub oil changed

Size: 561L, would suit someone in the 5'9 to 6'1" range
Colour: Dark green, similar to original Thorn green colour, all decals removed.
Mileage: approx 8000 miles (rohloff nicely run in)

Brakes: Avid V brakes, Shimano XTR levers
Wheels: Hope hub & Mavic XC717 rim (front), Rohloff speedhub & Rigida Andra CSS carbide caoted (rear)
Misc: Fitted with mudguards and Ergon grips with integrated bar ends
Spares: Will come with spare sprocket, sprocket removal tool, oil change kit, spare oil, spare brake blocks

As you would expect given the work recently carried out on the bike it is in good order but has a couple of cosmetic issues resulting from the powder coating.

- Due to careless handling by the firm doing the powder coating the frame has a couple of very minor dings.
- The metal Thorn head tube badge was partially dislodged by the chemical stripping process and rather than remove it they powder coated over it which looks rather unsightly especially as it doesn't sit flush with the frame on one side.  If desired, the badge could be easily removed and the resulting scar covered with something (another badge?).

The bike is located in Dunfermline but willing to post or courier it anywhere in the UK at cost price.

davefife

Re: Thorn Raven Sport Tour for sale - size 561L
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 04:04:54 pm »
Hi Goosander, no interest in buying  ::) my RST that you test rode before buying this is still doing me fine on the Fife - Edinburgh commute and those summer tours; whats the story though? are you getting a new bike ???, cheers David

goosander

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 09:54:48 pm »
Hi Dave.  Change of job means that I'm not doing the same number of miles now and yes I fancy a change, probably going to get a road bike of some description.

donc

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 09:55:42 am »
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'm interested in buying a thorn rohloff. Any chance of sending photos. I'm 5'8" tall I'm guessing the frame should just fit me. many thanks, Don

Garetht

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 05:57:32 pm »
Hi there, is this bike still for sale? Any more info and pics to - greatshearwater@yahoo.co.uk  if it is? thanks Gareth

marko49

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 11:25:33 am »
Hi there
Is the RST still for sale?

CWM

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 08:35:56 pm »
Hi. Is the Thorn Raven Sport tour still available? I am in the north of Scotland but will be down in the central belt end of this week and end of next week. If it is still around, can you email some photos to c.meikle@robertson.co.uk then perhaps I could view when I am down? Thanks.