Author Topic: My eXp Pic-->>  (Read 17523 times)

Istanbul_Tea

Re: My eXp Pic-->>
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2004, 03:23:03 am »
I bet Peter was less than impressed too.  

Yeah, I knew the powder was going to be a utility-looking kinda thing BUT I wanted bombproof more than fashion-show so... plus I can get either Spectrum out in Colorado or someone like Dave Sem down in Texas to make it drop dead gorgeous if & when I want.  In the end this cycle is all about the World & the experience of traveling like you said George, so to my way of thinking the more nicks & scratches the more it speaks of being loved & used on a day to day basis and, after all, isn't that what we're riding for?  Perhaps a powdercoat job that already has some bumps, drips and lumpage will take away the "New Cycle Syndrome" that plagues the owner... or at least someone like me!

Cep-  Wheels are Velocity Deep-V 40 spoke 26 inchers on Phil hubs, Velox rim tape, Presta tubes & either Avocet City 26 x 1.9 slicks or P-Racer Pasela Tourguard 26 x 1.75's.  Somewhere early on I'll probably try Schwalbe Big Apples and/or Schwalbe Marathon XR's as well.

Cep, if you get to Peter's shop while he is still working on my eXp any chance you can snap some pics for me and post them?  Not having his webcam up is a sad moment of bad timing for me... finally get my cycle there and his cam is down and after all the days I spent watching him build up others folks' cycles.  Cruel fate!

George

Re: My eXp Pic-->>
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2004, 03:48:18 am »
And new cycle syndrome is worse than new car syndrome, since I've never disassembled my car on a weekly/monthly basis to clean it.[:)]