Author Topic: My eXp Pic-->>  (Read 18195 times)

Istanbul_Tea

My eXp Pic-->>
« on: May 14, 2004, 01:10:18 pm »
Robin & Co. just sent me a photo of my eXp in Stealth Matte Black powder... she ships over the pond next week to Peter White for the build.  Yee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/istanbul_tea/detail?.dir=/2151&.dnm=aa4c.jpg
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 01:14:56 pm by Istanbul_Tea »

Istanbul_Tea

Re: My eXp Pic-->>
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 01:16:18 pm »

See if this works too...

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 01:18:20 pm »
Frames a bit bigger than last time so I'm thinking this one is going to be THE ONE!!  Just a matter of weeks now until I get my first ride on her, totally psyched!!

George

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 01:35:12 pm »
Now, THAT is sexy

George

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 03:57:56 pm »
What is the small braze-on on the left chainstay? Is it some sort of stop for the pump?

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004, 05:02:02 pm »
Yes, it's a pump peg.

Cephas

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2004, 06:49:57 pm »
I_T,

Will you be visiting Hillsbura N'Hampsha to pick up the finished bike?

And tell Peter White to get his webcam fixed by the time your eXp arrives. http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/webcam.htm   Maybe he could post his work schedule here so we can plan on watching over his shoulder.

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2004, 07:05:58 pm »
I'll send him a link to this thread so he can see the need for the Webcam repair himself!

No, I won't be gracing the Hampshires... Peter will be shipping it to me.

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 06:27:33 pm »
Just got word that my Thorn eXp just touched down at JFK airport here in the States about 30 minutes ago!!  Ok, now she's off to New Hampshire and Peter White's shop.

George

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2004, 07:46:21 pm »
Hooray!

I'll have to see if Peter will let me stop by and drool (I'll try not to get any on the frame)[:)]

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2004, 08:25:37 pm »
George-

Just got off the phone with Peter.  Somehow, he has the frame already... I guess the tracking info I was getting was behind by a day or so.  Anyway, the eXp frameset is at his shop now.  He and I just discussed the kit it'll be getting for the build and he said 2 weeks from now I'll have it... so if you really want to see the bike or build give him a call to find out when he'll be doing the build on it in the next 2 weeks.  Later than that and I'll have my baby down here in the NYC area.

George

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2004, 12:32:50 am »
I_T,

I zipped up to Peter's shop today (took the day off work), and got to see the eXp.

I don't think I've ever seen seatstays that beefy! The darn thing looks like it could win a head to head collision with a rhino. But the frame isn't all that heavy.

I told Peter to fix his webcam, but he recently switched ISPs, and apparently needs to work with them on it, so it may be a bit before we get to watch again.

Istanbul_Tea

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2004, 01:27:13 am »
How's the matte Stealth powdercoat look in the flesh?

Any other opinions on it?  You going to get one now too?

Was Peter treating her nicely... what were his comments?

So many questions...  :)

Cephas

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2004, 01:48:25 am »
I'm thinking about dropping into Peter's shop next week to pick up spare bulbs for my B-M Lumotec. Hope the eXp is still there. For at least a brief while I won't have the only Thorn in New Hampshire.

I_T - What are you getting for wheels? Details please.

George - Where are you from? I'm in ManchVegas.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 01:51:41 am by Cephas »

George

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2004, 02:12:24 am »
I_T -- I didn't really like the paint job, to be honest; it looks to have some small drips/lumps, but powdercoating does seem to be less nice-looking than a regular paint job. Once it's all festooned with equipment, you'll probably never notice. And in the end, this is a frame that will never fail, and that's what counts for a world tour.

The frame is overkill for my likely uses, so I'll look at the Nomad, the Roberts Roughstuff, and the Berthoud Aventure when Peter gets one in this summer (my timeframe is to get a new bike by next summer, so I can take my time deciding).

Cephas -- I live in Chelmsford (MA), but work up in Nashua, where I used to live. (and I know Peter from when we both lived in the Natick area, back in the 70's (when American bike tourists existed in larger numbers than today))