Author Topic: What's up guys?  (Read 1931 times)

AdamGrenway

What's up guys?
« on: January 06, 2010, 02:27:18 pm »
Hey everyone, what's up? My name is Adam and I'm new here. I'm from Seattle, where are you guys from?

jags

Re: What's up guys?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 03:15:16 pm »
hallo adam welcome to the forum,im from ireland i own a thorn sherpa reason i joined the forum in the first place.anyway if you want to know anything regarding thorn ask away your in good company.
whats the weather like on your side of the pond .lot's of snow here and more on the way so no cycling  for this month.

julk

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 04:39:56 pm »
adam,
I live near Edinburgh - Scotland, retired now, I like to ride my Thorn eXp round the local lanes and sometimes come back fully laden (30kgs) with the family food shopping. Longer trips happen occasionally when I go cycle camping in the UK.

The focus here is the extended cold and snowy weather. I have winter tyres on my bike which are good for ice and packed level snow, but just now it is too deep for me. One of my sons tried mountain biking last week near Peebles, but the snow was 1 foot deep at the top of the run and it was just unridable.
julian

peter jenkins

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 03:58:47 am »
Hi Adam,

I live in Scarborough, which is in Queensland, Australia. (There's a town in Yorkshire named after it). I have a Thorn Club Tour which I bought for touring but currently use to commute to work and back 2 or 3 times each week. (70 km return) No snow here right now. The daily temperature range is presently around 22 deg to 32 deg (Celsius), which makes comfortable riding. It cools down in Winter, though. We had a morning last year that got down to single figures!

I have some other bikes too, but I don't think I'm allowed to mention them here.  ;)

Have fun with the Forum,

pj