Author Topic: wtd: sherpa  (Read 3432 times)

gover_1

wtd: sherpa
« on: January 03, 2010, 11:55:12 am »
hi
i'm looking for a thorn sherpa in a largely road orientated spec, with either flat bars with bar ends or drop bars. im 5ft 9 with an inside leg measurement of 33inches not sure what thorn size this makes me, but if you are looking to sell let me know,
mark

ReCycleAndBiCycle

Re: wtd: sherpa
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 10:18:15 am »
Hi I have an eXp derailleur version in excellent condition,covered less than 3000 miles from new ,deore XT groupset with drop bars and bar end shifters , not been used for some time due to health reasons. It has just been stripped down and completely cleaned regreased etc,no dents just a few marks from being stored that have been touched up with the correct paint.It has never been used for what it was intended just local cycle paths and trips to shops,looking for someone to take it on a proper expedition! . Size is 560M . It will be going on ebay at the weekend ,if interseted please let me know by Friday PM

brummie

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 07:45:13 pm »
Gover-1 - There's an (old ) Derailleur geared Nomad in the 'For Sale' section which may fit the bill ( The Sherpa is the Taiwanese replacement for the original UK built Nomad ! )

ThousandYardStare

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 08:37:49 pm »
I didn't mention my Nomad because it's most probably too small. If you happen to have long arms or a penchant for swept back bars you might get away with it. Certainly not with the current drop bar set up though. Check out the ad (or my agent brummie ;)) for more info.

brummie

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 06:00:13 pm »
I used to have a 560 M/L  Nomad myself with drops - I'm 6ft tall ( if I stand up straight ! )