Author Topic: Will 2.25s work on a Nomad?  (Read 3167 times)

paulsc

Will 2.25s work on a Nomad?
« on: February 16, 2009, 04:37:24 pm »
Hi,
I want to order some Marathon Extremes when they are available and would like to go with the 2.25s.  Has anyone used a tire this size on their Nomad?  As you are aware, this isn't an inexpensive tire so I would like to feel fairly confident it will work.  And yes, I will be using fenders (Planet Bike). 
Thanks

julk

Re: Will 2.25s work on a Nomad?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 11:01:24 pm »
Probably best to contact SJS and ask them.
contact details

vik

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 11:16:39 pm »
Hi,
I want to order some Marathon Extremes when they are available and would like to go with the 2.25s.  Has anyone used a tire this size on their Nomad?  As you are aware, this isn't an inexpensive tire so I would like to feel fairly confident it will work.  And yes, I will be using fenders (Planet Bike). 
Thanks

I've got 26 x 2.0 Marathon Extremes on my Nomad S&S. There is a ton of room front and back without fenders.  I suspect you'd have enough room to mount the 2.25"s with fenders, but you won't have much clearance for mud and such.

As noted above it would be best to chat with Thorn to be 100% and if you do pls post their reply here for the benefit of others.

safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com

paulsc

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 05:43:16 pm »
Thorn said 2.0 w/out fenders and 2.25 w/.  I installed some 2.0 Marathon Extremes this summer and it looks like there is plenty of clearance for the 2.25.  But considering the price of the Extreme, I didn't want to buy one only to find out it doesn't fit.  But again, I would be surprised if it didn't  I road some pretty rough rails to trails this summer and the 2.0s more than sufficed.