Author Topic: Panaracer PaselaTG 700 x 32  (Read 15062 times)

kermit

Panaracer PaselaTG 700 x 32
« on: April 30, 2004, 06:24:37 am »
Which way should they be fitted, yellow label on nearside or offside?  Looking at the arrow tread pattern makes me think that the yellow label shouldbe on the off-side so that water is squeezed into the grooves and deflected out.  But I'm sure I've seen many of these fitted the other way????

Is 95-100psi pressure OK?  No indication on the sidewalls.

Regards,
Ray

Dave Whittle Thorn Workshop

• Thorn Cycles
Re: Panaracer PaselaTG 700 x 32
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 12:06:11 pm »
yellow label drive side.

luceberg

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 09:35:53 pm »
The recommended pressure is written on the sidewalls, but you have to look very closely. Anyway, it says 95psi. Personally, I run mine at 85psi at the back and 75psi at the front with no problems.

Ratty

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 08:25:29 pm »
I have written to panaracer to ask and they said that it does not matter.

I thought this strange as there are clearly pyramid shapes along the tread but this is what they said.

Perhaps the tread can so the job whichever way it faces.

Anthony

brevetpilot

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 01:02:48 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Ratty

I have written to panaracer to ask and they said that it does not matter.

Should be drive side. I've just bought two new Pasela TGs, and they have  'rotation' and an arrow moulded onto the sidewall. Pretty clear that one!

kermit

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 02:01:19 pm »
I had these imported from thorn to Oz - this size aren't popular here.  They were replacements for some veneable Michelin Select which had provided excellent service for many years but which were finally coming apart.  I chose Panaracer on grounds of spec, lightness and near invulnerbility to punctures.  So what happens but within the first 10 miles I manage to find the smallest sliver of glass imaginable whilst in a tight turn, a piece of glass so small it wouldn't have penetrated the old thick treaded Miches, and down I go.  Well it's mended now - as is my broken rib (moral: do NOT carry a camera slung around the body) but so much for technological improvements!

brevetpilot

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 03:52:21 pm »
Bad luck Kermit [:(] I've p*nct*red twice in the last few months due to glass, both times being tiny slivers, fortunately not with the same drastic consequences.

Actually, every time I arrive home with some inappropriate luggage arrangement which has possibly dodgy consequences(last one being two new tyres wrapped around my shoulders/neck) I tell myself it will be the last time! Never learn.

graham

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 07:58:43 pm »
We were running on panracer Hi-roads 26 x 1.5 on our tandem, until just after christmas, when I got fed up with changing tubes by the roadside. All from hawthorn twigs thrashed off the hedges by the mauling machines the farmers use. The final straw (twig?) was when I forgot to take a spare tube (luckily remembered the puncture repair kit), repaired the puncture, put it back in the wheel, started to pump and..psssss. My first repair was good, but we had picked up two holes simultaneously, I think from two thorns on the same twig.

I replaced them with Panracer Pasela TG 26 x 1.75 as a winter tyre.
The extra tread has been useful on wet mud on the lanes, I think, but I have had nearly as many punctures. Now from tiny bits of flint which get stuck in the grooves in the tread. Much like your tiny slivers of glass. The kevlar bit doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. This never seemed to happen with the much smoother Hi-roads, I suppose the flinty bits just bounced off. I was only inflating to the recommended pressures in each case, 85psi for the Hi-roads and 65psi for the TG's.

Any day now, I'll get round to putting the Hi-roads back on, the hawthorn twigs have now rotted away. I reckon we'll gain a couple of miles an hour progress-wise. One from the easier rolling tyres and the other from having been pedalling the extra weight and width around which has increased our strength and fitness.

n/a

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 12:26:24 pm »
Chevron pattern tyres should ALWAYS point in the direction of travel unless there's arrows on the sidewall telling you otherwise. The chevron pushes the wall of water forwards then outwards, this is how all or most 'rain' tyres work, putting them in reverse will make you skid. Advice given by the tyre manufacturers, my Raleigh Bomber manual plus if you have a look at Wiggle.co.uk they show you how the Vittoria Randonnuer works in the rain.

n/a

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2005, 12:29:03 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by graham

We were running on panracer Hi-roads 26 x 1.5 on our tandem, until just after christmas, when I got fed up with changing tubes by the roadside. All from hawthorn twigs thrashed off the hedges by the mauling machines the farmers use. The final straw (twig?) was when I forgot to take a spare tube (luckily remembered the puncture repair kit), repaired the puncture, put it back in the wheel, started to pump and..psssss. My first repair was good, but we had picked up two holes simultaneously, I think from two thorns on the same twig.

I replaced them with Panracer Pasela TG 26 x 1.75 as a winter tyre.
The extra tread has been useful on wet mud on the lanes, I think, but I have had nearly as many punctures. Now from tiny bits of flint which get stuck in the grooves in the tread. Much like your tiny slivers of glass. The kevlar bit doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. This never seemed to happen with the much smoother Hi-roads, I suppose the flinty bits just bounced off. I was only inflating to the recommended pressures in each case, 85psi for the Hi-roads and 65psi for the TG's.

Any day now, I'll get round to putting the Hi-roads back on, the hawthorn twigs have now rotted away. I reckon we'll gain a couple of miles an hour progress-wise. One from the easier rolling tyres and the other from having been pedalling the extra weight and width around which has increased our strength and fitness.

Try Dutch Perfect from trailbuzz.com

n/a

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2005, 12:31:39 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by kermit

I had these imported from thorn to Oz - this size aren't popular here.  They were replacements for some veneable Michelin Select which had provided excellent service for many years but which were finally coming apart.  I chose Panaracer on grounds of spec, lightness and near invulnerbility to punctures.  So what happens but within the first 10 miles I manage to find the smallest sliver of glass imaginable whilst in a tight turn, a piece of glass so small it wouldn't have penetrated the old thick treaded Miches, and down I go.  Well it's mended now - as is my broken rib (moral: do NOT carry a camera slung around the body) but so much for technological improvements! Try Vittoria Randonnuers from justbiketyres.com as they are double puncture proof, a rain tyre plus not too heavy.