Author Topic: For sale Tubus nova front rack  (Read 4946 times)

bobs

For sale Tubus nova front rack
« on: February 18, 2009, 09:41:58 pm »
Tubus Nova Lowrider Front Rack.
NOVA the hand-made,stainless steel ,esthetical lowrider from TUBUS.
The design is identical to the TUBUS ERGO and is the perfect match for our stainless steel rear cariers COSMO and LUNA. The brushed finish strengthens the material and gives the NOVA its exclusive looks.

Top Features of the Tubus Nova Lowrider Front Rack

26"/28" wheel fitting

535g

15kg max load

In VGC £50 + post
Tubus Nova Lowrider Front Rack.

In VGC £50 + post

stephenwatson

Re: For sale Tubus nova front rack
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 10:01:40 pm »
Hi
Please could you tell me if your carrier is still for sale and also if you would be willing to accept less than £50. Many thanks.
Regards Stephen Watson

bobs

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 10:52:40 pm »
Sorry it's sold.

jags

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 11:18:04 pm »
bob's im thinking of getting the ergo front rack ,i know it looks the same as nova ,but was there a reason you sold your's  ,as in you got something better.

julk

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 08:49:32 am »
jags,
I have used Blackburn & Bor Yueh copy, Tubus Tara & Ergo, and Thorn low riders in the search for the perfect front rack. I have also used Karrimor, Carradice, Vaude, Altura and Edinburgh Coop panniers.

I have still to try the Tubus Duo, but the credit crunch has curtailed my spending.

The biggest difference has been the ease/difficulty of attaching the panniers to the rack in the position I wanted to put them. Often the rack frame and the pannier clips have clashed requiring surgery and/or compromise.

You really can't go wrong with any of the above, they all do the job.
I have ended up using the Ergo rack plus Carradice Super C front panniers fitted with Arkel clips as the best for me.

jags

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 10:23:57 am »
bob's,
thanks for that,im not even sure i will need the front  rack and panniers for my france tour..
trying to keep things as light as possible, but i still have 2 really full rear panniers,
can't squeeze any more in.i can get the ergo rack and ortlieb sport packer plus at a really good price from a fell club member,but as you said ,money is tight so i have to spend careful.

bobs

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 09:21:56 pm »
Hi Jags,
I had both the Tubus and a Thorn one both are very good but you cant use 2 at the same time and as I had a rear black Thorn rack  I chose to kep the black Thorn front rack so they would match.

Bob

jags

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 11:03:49 pm »
bob you lost me there ,how do you mean i can't use both at the same time.(am i reading your post wrong)
i have the tubus logo on the rear,thinking of putting the ergo up front.