Author Topic: Where are we all ?  (Read 78185 times)

stutho

• Administrator
Re: Where are we all ?
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2006, 09:39:25 am »
I have recently finished building up my Thorn Raven (sport). Mainly used for my commute to work. - Over the top of Cefn Bryn, past King Arthur’s Stone and down along the Loughor estuary marsh road - a beautiful ride on Gower (South Wales) that I get to ride twice a day.

Stuart

john28july

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2006, 03:52:01 pm »

Hello all!
I am in Thornbury ,South Gloucestershire. UK.Formerly in Bournemouth, Dorset.
I have two Thorn bikes. A Nomad and an Audax 853.
Pictures here:- www.pbase.com/john28july

Sometimes see a couple of Thorn Nomads locally and a Club Tour.
John.

max

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2006, 02:17:56 pm »
I'm in Ullapool, Wester Ross; haven't been cycling for 9 years, after my old Jack Taylor finally wore out the bottom bracket threads. Then last November, started to regret that the Mrs's "Les Bryant" (tourer using a road race frame, 1975, Norwich) wasn't being used, and found Thorn's on the internet - got a Club Tour, most like the bikes I was used to (but now strongly tempted by Raven Sports Tour, can't really justify 2 bikes!).  Commuting about 1 hilly mile 4 times a day, looking forward to trips in spring, but we've just had a week of snow here. Great scenery here, but no country lanes - only main roads.

davefife

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2006, 11:14:05 am »
Another Scottish raven (sport) tour here in Fife, between Dalgety Bay and Burntisland, if you like mapping i'm right on the coastal path at sea level in Aberdour, so the only way is up! Still finding my ideal position on my 2 week old bike but very impressed, even more so with a shot on my pals new derailler equipped hybrid last weekend.

David

superfinlay

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2006, 10:50:37 am »
I'm up the road in Inverurie (Aberdeenshire).  Trying to finish a literature review for my final year in Physiotherapy.  Keep getting distracted by this and C+ forum and my new Thorn Raven Enduro which keeps begging me to ride it.  Just back from a ride, frustratingly can't go offroad yet because of all the snow here.  Looking forward to summer trails, oh and a job if anyone knows of any basic-grade Physiotherapy posts going...

Cheeky

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2006, 07:22:54 pm »
I've ridden my various bikes around various bits of Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, & Hertfordshire and have never seen another Thorn!!! Anybody near me?

hobofabby

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2006, 08:00:14 pm »
Currently in Santa Marta, Columbia living hobo fabulous. Thorn Raven tour now with over 10,000k. You can check out my half-assed blog of this trip at www.hobofabby.blogspot.com . Viva Rohloff! My passport says USA on it...

rogerzilla

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2006, 11:31:24 am »
Cheeky, my "long" training rides are one-way Swindon --> Bedford before lunch (86 miles depending on roadworks), and I've used the Thorn for at least one of them.  The last bit of the route is Stony Stratford-Wolverton-Haversham-Little Linford-Tyringham-Filgrave-Newton Blossomville-Turvey-Carlton-Felmersham.  Because of the mudguards, it's a pain to get the Thorn into a car for the return trip, so I usually take the racing bike.  My record average speed of 18mph for the ride was on the Thorn, although that had more to do with a light tailwind than the bike!

john28july

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2006, 09:34:40 am »
quote:
Originally posted by john28july

Hello all!
I am in Thornbury ,South Gloucestershire. UK.Formerly in Bournemouth, Dorset.
I have two Thorn bikes. A Nomad and an Audax 853.
Pictures here:- www.pbase.com/john28july

Sometimes see a couple of Thorn Nomads locally and a Club Tour.
John.

I have seen a Classic Thorn Audax and a Thorn tourer in Green locally twice in a week! The riders appeared to be a 'middle aged (?) partnership in matching Blue coats.
Also saw a Thorn Nomad which was not a local bike (I spoke to its owner).
John.
www.pbase.com/john28july

Arnaud

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2006, 06:49:11 am »
I've been living in sunny Waestern Australia for over 20 years and moved to York (96km east of Perth) for the last seven years.My Thorn Raven Sport Tour has got 1.500km on the clock and it is the best bike I ever owned. I don't think there are too many Thorn bikes in this part of the world. Tomorrow (Good Friday) we start crushing the first olives of the season but guess what I'll be doing first... a nice early 25km ride on deserted country roads before starting up the noisy olive press.

ahconway

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2006, 07:41:10 pm »
After almost 16 years, I'll returning from London to the Boston area... any other Thornies there?

guerillaboy

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2007, 09:46:25 pm »
hi, well I'm in New Radnor, Radnorshire, glorious radnorshire, and we have a thorn adventure - even been up a few alps and to Ireland with it.

freddered

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2007, 07:22:29 pm »
Andover, Hampshire, England.

Thorn Raven Tour

1 Year, 1 oil change and 4000km.  Superb, reliable, comfortable machine.  No complaints.

I use it for short rides,commuting, 100K/200k/300K Audax and will soon use it fully loaded on short camping trip.

If you only want 1 bike get one like this.

roycowherd

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2007, 11:34:38 pm »
This is the most ridiculous thread I've ever seen.

I'm 100 miles north of the big city.  That would be New York City, of course.  With my Raven Tour.  Usually on MS Developer's site.

daviddd55

• 19500km Circuit of Australia 07/08
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2007, 09:46:40 pm »
Currently home in the north of Scotland; this time next year on my blue TRT somewhere in N.Queensland about halfway around Oz hoping to avoid the last cyclone of the season....
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 09:48:00 pm by daviddd55 »