Author Topic: Where are we all ?  (Read 78243 times)

Sprocket

Re: Where are we all ?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2004, 12:30:14 am »
Only know of one Thorn owner here in Sheffield, sadly it's not me.

BTW Pedaldog, have we met? There can't be many Thorn owners in Lancaster. Was that you at Wray Castle campsite on Windermere about 3 years ago? Do you have a very nice Nomad and a taste for bacon butties?

Pedaldog

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2004, 08:43:04 pm »
Hey sprocket.
That was indeed I and I at Wray campsite.
Hows it going in the land of grime that is Sheffield?
Still remember the curried stuff you did on the MSR stove and managed it without blowing anybody up!! Iff'n yez ever in Lancaster gizzabell.

Sprocket

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2004, 06:03:59 pm »
'Ow do pedaldog. There's another curry waiting for you if you make it down here to Grimeville. Glad to see you're still pedalling. Sprocket.

Procyon

• an old artist man and his bicycle
    • my bio and artist resume and gallery
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2005, 11:27:17 am »
Hello... I am in Santa Monica along the coast at the edge of Los Angeles California... I am buying, on lay a way (time payments, THEY keep the bike till paid) a used Thorn Nomad from a used bicycle store near me.... So I now consider myself a Thorn rider..... They are VERY rare in these parts... nobody even knows what they are.  but when they look at the one in the bike store, they see its quality...  I am very excited to be getting it... a gift from God...
my name is Rory.   [:I][:I][:I][:I][:I][:I][:I][:I][:I]

Pedaldog

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2005, 06:13:41 pm »
I am a Traitor!
I no longer have a Thorn, having just sold the last Nomad of the three I bought!
I am now concentrating on Recumbents and mainly three wheels. Hope I don't get banned from here!

TonySmith

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2005, 12:48:35 pm »
A small village near Abergavenny. I've logged into the forum today to post in the "was it you section" 'cos last night I went to get my Raven and there was another one chained up next to it! First time I've seen two together for over a year (and that was in the shop!)

Frenchie

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2005, 12:40:23 pm »
Nottingham. Although originally from West Brittany. Riding a red Thorn Raven Tour and loving it.

brevetpilot

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2005, 01:00:03 pm »
Live in Bath, work in Bristol. Ride a 2003 Brevet just about every day and love it. Am considering buying another Thorn, a Catalyst; just trying to convince myself as there are some fantastic 2004 MTBs around at sale prices...

rogerzilla

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2005, 08:35:06 pm »
Swindon.  Just about to go and do some turbo training on my Nomad.  I know it's like using a Ferrari for muck-spreading, but the racing bike has rather fragile tyres, the the track bike can't be clamped up as it doesn't have a QR, and the MTB has knobblies.

I'm doing the Dunwich Dynamo on it this year though.

Blind Cyclist

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2005, 11:05:20 am »
Hi

Im from Hayes In Middx.

I have two Sherpas well I have one with another on order.
Great Bike very shore footed as I am a tall Guy and the wheels are holding out well (700 have been a problem with me) I am percale sighted so the wheels have to be strong as I do hit most holes in the road !!!!!

The one I use at the moment is for Audax and Sunday club riding (CTC WEST MIDS)
It’s done around a 1000 miles now with no problems.

I have completed 4 Audax this year The best one so fare being the 10 Thames   bridges Very nice run I recommend it.
I’m planing to do the  London to Brighton and London to Southland this year to

The one I have on order is going to be my long distance truer
I’m thinking of a trip to India on it may be next year. And I am hoping to do the end to end on it next year as well.
It’s a bike that I have refined to what I will need on my long trips
Like longer cranks, Lights and good front and back quality racks.

I also have a Thorn  Tandem. Again No problems with it only I cant find any one that wishes to come out on it so I’m considering selling it soon.  

Be Good

Graham

eriecommuter

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2005, 03:16:46 am »
Erie (no, not eerie) Pennsylvania USA

Had to have a Rohloff to handle the daily commute (rain, slush, snow, ice, thunder, lightning, wind, crazy drivers, whatever).  I asked my bike shop to build something for me.  When I showed him the Raven Tour on the web he said, 'No way can I build something like that.  Buy it!'  So I did.  What a great bike.  All the guys at the bike shop had to take it for a spin.  I don't expect to see another Thorn, let alone a Raven, in these parts.

MOULTY

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2005, 12:39:00 pm »
Me,my family and my Brevet live in Swansea S.Wales.

[:)][:)][:)][:)]

kakapo

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2005, 12:26:45 pm »
Just became the proud owner of a NOMAD. I'm in Derbyshire, and it makes easy work of the hills, as well as being a comfortable ride. Took a while to get used to after my old Dawes, but now feels part of me.

kakapo

JonHammond

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2005, 12:56:23 pm »
Well, I'm sat upstairs in my house in Wetheral, near Carlisle in North Cumbria (not Scotland), waiting for the rain to stop.

georgeidf50

• Touring website
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2006, 02:03:15 pm »
Hi i am in Santiago Chile at the moment on the pan american but when ( and if I am in England) me and my Catalyst stay in Preston, Lancashire and ride with Ribble Valley CRC.
George
touring website :-
www.pedalpatagonia.co.uk