Author Topic: Best buys of 2008  (Read 7820 times)

jags

Re: Best buys of 2008
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 05:39:07 pm »
i bought load's of new gear last year some brilliant some crap, my favourate  is the optimus crux stove,excellent  stove i cant cook it mainly for boiling water and that it does perfectly.(quickl)
ortlieb bikepacker pannies are great ,the carradice camper saddlebag emm jury still out on this one ,mainly because it's a pain in the ass getting it on and off,akto tent havent used it yet but pretty sure it's a good one. brooks b17 champion excellent saddle, blackburn cycle computer crap ,to hard to read .tubus logo rack solid as a rock,fizik bartape good only if used with another (gel) under it.
well that's me im buying no more gear this year (he said with a smerk on his face) im happy with all the gear i have most of it is top of the range  the rest aint all that bad either.

freddered

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 08:45:24 pm »
Shimano MW80's, used today for the first time but I'm pretty sure they'll top my list. So nice to go out on a cold day with a biting north wind and have warm feet.

They were among my 2007 best buys.

I wore them for about 8 months of 2008 because they are by far the most comfy shoes I ever owned and I don't mind hot feet.

On long Audaxes in winter I use an overshoe with them to keep the wind-chill factor down but they are fine in any temperature for a couple of hours.

They are a pain when water seeps in though as they take an age to dry.  Best to wear waterproof overshoes with a high ankle if you plan to go out for more than 2 hours in heavy rain. 

Having said that, you will have warm and wet feet rather than cold wet feet (using mesh shoes)

pdamm

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2009, 10:48:44 pm »
I didn't buy much stuff but I really like the click-stand I bought.  It solves the problem of a reliable robust stand when the bike is fully loaded.

Peter

ians

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2009, 10:29:59 am »
Shimano A520 pedals - a simple and stylish (IMO) introduction to clipless.

ians

spoon boy

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2009, 10:45:51 pm »
my hilleberg nallo 2gt tent

advertised on field and trek for £464

Bought through amazon...supplied from field and trek for £360!!!  :D