Author Topic: Replacement for Dawes City Vision 7  (Read 4629 times)

lewis noble

Replacement for Dawes City Vision 7
« on: December 04, 2008, 07:24:25 pm »
My wife has a bike as above, rides all over the place on it, keen on the hub gear - though removing the wheel for puncture repair is a pain).  She's getting so fit (from rowing) that I am having to work pretty hard now . . . .

My son now wants to get his fiancee something similar for Xmas - I would recommend a RT Step thru, but I don't think they can run to that.  Ridgeback are bring out something that looks good next spring, does anyone have any other ideas??  He is looking for hub grars, step-through, upright position, cost ???

Any hints??

Lewis - Sheffield

julk

Re: Replacement for Dawes City Vision 7
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 11:42:58 pm »
Lewis,

A possible idea,

Persuade your wife she would like to upgrade to a RT step thru, emphasise no more flat tyres.

Get the lady an RT step thru for Christmas (from you), mega credits for your generosity and probably no more inner tubes to repair.

Your wife can then sell/lend/give the Dawes City Vision 7 to her son for his beloved.

Impossible dream?

Julian

freddered

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 09:14:30 am »
It's either a Rohloff hub or derailleurs for me.

All the other hubs limit your gear range too much and can (when removing a wheel and indexing hub again) be more of a pain than a derailleur

lewis noble

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 09:46:08 am »
Julk, that is creative thinking at it's best!!

And I think you are right, Fred.

Lewis

lewis noble

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 06:10:00 pm »
My son decided to get a Ridgeback step-thru for his fiancee - we got it from LBS.  Seems a very nice bike, reasonable price, derrailleur gears.  She seems v. pleased.

So a happy end to the thread.

Happy new Year everyone

Lewis - Sheffield