Author Topic: suspension for Raven Tour  (Read 2514 times)

daviddd55

• 19500km Circuit of Australia 07/08
suspension for Raven Tour
« on: September 16, 2008, 06:48:53 pm »
During my tour of Oz there were several times on gravel roads when front sus would've been good - what would be a good strong touring fork for the RT?

stutho

• Administrator
Re: suspension for Raven Tour
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 12:04:56 am »
I would recommend the Magura Odur.  It is simple and it works.  The bad news is that it doesn't have any mounts for a rack but there are ways round that.  I have a pair and they work well but I am NOT a big offroader so my opinion is not worth that much.

vik

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 12:04:58 am »
During my tour of Oz there were several times on gravel roads when front sus would've been good - what would be a good strong touring fork for the RT?

Unless I'm mistaken the Raven Tour uses a non-suspension correct fork.  That means if you put even a moderate travel [80-100mm] fork on that bike the front end will get raised ~2" which will compromise the handling.  At the very least I'd try it out before committing to buying a new fork.

If you aren't already doing so running a pair of 2.25" Marathon XRs at moderate pressure will absorb a lot of road shock and will float nicely on loose gravel.  That might be a better option than a new suspension fork.
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com

pastafarian

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 09:04:29 am »
Could anyone confirm whether or not the Odor is compatible with the Tubus Swing front/high loader?